View Full Version : So. Cal. Goodguys autocross

CarlC
01-07-2009, 08:37 AM
Anyone going?

http://www.good-guys.com/events/eventDetails.aspx?eventid=09-805

DJW32
01-07-2009, 08:58 AM
Carl,
I'll be there. Last year DSE and airride put on a great autocross show.

vp23271
01-07-2009, 09:14 AM
No car to show yet, but I will definitely be there!

James OLC
01-07-2009, 10:22 AM
I'm gonna try to have the '67 there... need some things to fall into place but we'll see.

CarlC
01-07-2009, 10:53 AM
That's quite a journey James. Hope to see you there.

Steve1968LS2
01-07-2009, 11:21 AM
I will be at both the Costa Mesa and Del Mar events.. can't pass up wheel time :)

Hey James, You can store your car at BOS between the events.

vp23271
01-07-2009, 11:32 AM
It would be cool to see all of the Pro Touring.com guys with their cars parked side by side at the shows. :twothumbs

DJW32
01-07-2009, 11:43 AM
It would be cool to see all of the Pro Touring.com guys with their cars parked side by side at the shows. :twothumbs

That would be cool. My 67 should be done around 2020:pat:

Larry Callahan
01-07-2009, 12:02 PM
I'll be there with MotiV8r.

CarlC
01-07-2009, 01:33 PM
You driving her down Larry? We could meet up along the way.

CarlC
01-07-2009, 01:36 PM
I will be at both the Costa Mesa and Del Mar events.. can't pass up wheel time :)

I will try to make that one as well.

I've never done an autocross, just the big stuff. Should be interesting. What are you going to use for tires given the 200 rating requirement?

Larry Callahan
01-07-2009, 02:13 PM
You driving her down Larry? We could meet up along the way.

That is my plan. I hope to have it running and on the road by the end of this weekend.

rsk68
01-07-2009, 02:14 PM
Im registerd,
Carl maybe we could caravan also, it would be to cool if we were all parked together.

CarlC
01-07-2009, 06:55 PM
Soooooo......

What slick magazine guy has the pull to get our own PT.com coral at the show.......:idea:

CarlC
01-07-2009, 06:58 PM
Which day(s) are you guys going?

I'm good with that Rick.

mpozzi
01-07-2009, 09:02 PM
I'm a definite-maybe ... there might be a Pro-Solo or Tour event in So. Cal. that same weekend with the Shelby. If no conflicts, then I'm planning on it.

Cheers,
Mary Pozzi

James OLC
01-08-2009, 07:12 AM
That's quite a journey James. Hope to see you there.

The planets are going to have to align just right to make it happen but if it is at all possible I'll be there for both events.

I've never done an autocross, just the big stuff. Should be interesting. What are you going to use for tires given the 200 rating requirement?

99% sure that I will be running PS2's. Tire options for the OLoA are limited and I although I have been looking at the new Kuhmo's (good tread rating at 180 but limited history and unknown rain handling) the PS2's seem to be the standard. Getting some long and short track practice on them is one of my objectives.

rsk68
01-08-2009, 07:19 AM
I can go either day, maybe both days, what day is the autocross?

Steve1968LS2
01-08-2009, 07:24 AM

A secret weapon to mess with the Air Ride guys. lol

Actually I think the treadwear is 180.. if so then I have a set of Kuhmo tires (17") in that compound.

Steve1968LS2
01-08-2009, 07:25 AM
I can go either day, maybe both days, what day is the autocross?

The autocross runs both days.. actually I think all three days of the event.

Steve1968LS2
01-08-2009, 07:27 AM
Soooooo......

What slick magazine guy has the pull to get our own PT.com coral at the show.......:idea:

Hey, I can try.. lol

Usually people want to park in the various show areas.. "muscle car of the year" and all of that.

I could try to get an area set aside. But it would only be worth it if it's near the autocross. right?

JustinB
01-08-2009, 08:10 AM
Im in! Love the Goodguys shows. Would be cool to get everyone together.

CarlC
01-08-2009, 03:59 PM
As much as I like you guys I really want to drive the AC!

Work your mojo Steve....

I'll likely have to get new shoes for car as well. I'm with you James on the PS2's.

Rick,

If you go both days are you driving home or staying down there?

rsk68
01-09-2009, 07:09 AM
Carl,

I would more then likely drive home unless i could find a place to secure the car for the night.

hotrod69camaro
01-09-2009, 04:08 PM
I'm going and trying my first autocross. I'm going Saturday. I live in Garden Grove which is right on the way if you are coming down the 405. I'd like to hook up With Carl and Larry and anyone else coming down from up north and travel with you guys to the event together. From looking at the Goodguys website, it looks like they will group our cars together. It would be pretty cool to park togehter when we are not autocrossing.

mpozzi
01-09-2009, 10:10 PM
Looks like it's a go for me (weather permitting) ... should be fun.

Cheers,
Mary P.

hotrod69camaro
01-12-2009, 06:02 PM
Rick, I dont think there would be problem securing your car at my house in Garden Grove if you didnt want to drive home.:cool:

CarlC
01-12-2009, 07:02 PM
Or if there were enough guys staying at the same place we could all take a watch.

rsk68
01-12-2009, 08:35 PM
Mike,

Thanks for the offer, not quite sure what to do yet.

Carl,

Are you staying in a hotel, some hotels have patrolled parking, I guess I could also tie my dog to the car.
Hmm it is insured for 100K :idea:

hotrod69camaro
01-13-2009, 07:47 AM
I can park a few cars if need be.

Steve1968LS2
01-13-2009, 08:49 AM
If anyone needs to store a car overnight I have a secured underground garage in Placentia available (91 and 57 fwys).

DriverzInc
01-14-2009, 02:33 PM
We'll be there....

mpozzi
01-14-2009, 08:28 PM
We'll have a truck and enclosed trailer but it should be fine in a hotel parking lot. Easy to drive the Camaro to and from there. Not sure where to stay and I'll check AAA to see if there are any deals that aren't in roach-infested dives.

Weather permitting, of course ...

Cheers,
Mary Pozzi

bkeith65
01-15-2009, 03:14 PM
I'll be at Del Mar..hopefully have my 68 Camaro there as well..maybe even in flat black if everthing goes well (read as my friend donates some time to my cause) !!

Steve1968LS2
01-15-2009, 04:14 PM
We'll have a truck and enclosed trailer but it should be fine in a hotel parking lot. Easy to drive the Camaro to and from there. Not sure where to stay and I'll check AAA to see if there are any deals that aren't in roach-infested dives.

Weather permitting, of course ...

Cheers,
Mary Pozzi

I have space for the car if neede :)

We each get laps in each other's cars.. right?

Larry Callahan
01-15-2009, 04:49 PM
Or if there were enough guys staying at the same place we could all take a watch.

Do you have to be part of the car show to Autocross? And if you are part of the car show don't the cars stay there on site over night?

Steve1968LS2
01-15-2009, 06:41 PM
Do you have to be part of the car show to Autocross? And if you are part of the car show don't the cars stay there on site over night?

The autocross is included in the price of being in the show.

Each night the cars must exit the fairgrounds and return the next day.

The exception to that rule is if your car is a display car for a vendor booth, then you can stay overnight (I did that with PPG at the Del Mar show last year)

Hey Larry.. you can store your car at my place :)

James OLC
01-15-2009, 07:29 PM
That could make things a bit complicated... I'll obviously have to put a little bit more effort into my planning....

thanks for the heads up Steve.

mpozzi
01-15-2009, 08:23 PM
I have space for the car if neede :)

We each get laps in each other's cars.. right?

You betcha ... you may want to go back to that old ancient Jurassic Park control arm/leaf spring suspension for Penny afterwards :) but then I've never driven another OEM-style suspension Camaro that could dance like mine can. I'll bring it if I can find some 180 TW tires ...

Gonna be some fun ...

Cheers,
Mary Pozzi

Larry Callahan
01-15-2009, 08:27 PM
The autocross is included in the price of being in the show.

Each night the cars must exit the fairgrounds and return the next day.

The exception to that rule is if your car is a display car for a vendor booth, then you can stay overnight (I did that with PPG at the Del Mar show last year)

Hey Larry.. you can store your car at my place :)

Wow, that does complicate things. I just may take you up on that offer. In fact, I would say to count on it. About how many miles is the drive between your place and the event?

Steve1968LS2
01-15-2009, 09:25 PM
That could make things a bit complicated... I'll obviously have to put a little bit more effort into my planning....

thanks for the heads up Steve.

I have room in my personal garage for one other car.. first to call dibs gets the spot.

I'm about 30 or so minutes north of the fairgrounds.

For Friday or Saturday I can secure another car in our underground gated garage at work, but it's better for a car that's not low or has air ride. (ie, Penny won't make it down there).

For Del Mar we can park our cars at Best Of Show overnight if we want.

bkeith65
01-16-2009, 08:12 AM
I am 5 minutes north of Del Mar..if anyone is in a fix, I have friends in the hood who can garage your car..let me know..

Brian

James OLC
01-16-2009, 08:30 AM
i have room in my personal garage for one other car.. First to call dibs gets the spot.

I'm about 30 or so minutes north of the fairgrounds.

For friday or saturday i can secure another car in our underground gated garage at work, but it's better for a car that's not low or has air ride. (ie, penny won't make it down there).

For del mar we can park our cars at best of show overnight if we want.

dibs!

Thanks Steve. Email sent.

Chucks73
01-26-2009, 12:47 PM
I'm interested BUT how do you reg if your not a GoodGuys member. The reg. form on their site is for only GoodGuy members. I called and was told that non-members must reg at the gate and the cost is 70 bucks. Is there a one day reg? Am I missing something?????

MarkM66
01-26-2009, 06:46 PM
I'm interested BUT how do you reg if your not a GoodGuys member. The reg. form on their site is for only GoodGuy members. I called and was told that non-members must reg at the gate and the cost is 70 bucks. Is there a one day reg? Am I missing something?????

That's two people in, for the event, and a year of their magazine.

69camarokid
01-26-2009, 06:54 PM
wow, i live about 5 minutes north of the fairgrounds so count me in. Hopefully my camaro will be good to go by then.

I couldnt find enough info on their site. What exactly does this event intail? any info would be great. thanks!

Chucks73
01-26-2009, 07:09 PM
That's two people in, for the event, and a year of their magazine.

OK I think I found it. Reg for non-members 50 bucks day of show or a Sunday only pass for 2 people and car 35 dollars.

69camarokid
01-30-2009, 03:43 PM
Ummm... i couldnt find much info in the links.

If I register does that mean that i can complete in the auto cross? Is that open to anyone who registers or only certain people? Ive never done an autocross before and im just finishing the build on my first hot rod and would LOVE to do this!

Steve1968LS2
01-30-2009, 05:22 PM
Ummm... i couldnt find much info in the links.

If I register does that mean that i can complete in the auto cross? Is that open to anyone who registers or only certain people? Ive never done an autocross before and im just finishing the build on my first hot rod and would LOVE to do this!

Your payment for getting into the show includes the autocross at NO additional cost provided you pass tech inspection.

It's a pretty simple deal.

I have to get Penny ready for the Editors Challenge.. Nicks a better driver (around cones) so I need to practice up a bit.

DaleLee
01-30-2009, 06:42 PM
Goodguys site shows that there are camp spaces available with full hook ups. Anyone have any experience with this? We are interested but have never been. If we go we would be taking a 38' Toybox and our Kodiak so I was wondering if space is an issue as far as moving that thing around.

Thanks, Dale Lee

class67
01-30-2009, 06:55 PM
Your payment for getting into the show includes the autocross at NO additional cost provided you pass tech inspection.

It's a pretty simple deal.

I have to get Penny ready for the Editors Challenge.. Nicks a better driver (around cones) so I need to practice up a bit.

What exactly does the "tech inspection" entail for the GG events?

I am thinking of running mine in June at Pleasanton.

CarlC
01-30-2009, 08:12 PM
Likely not as much scrutiny as what is in this: https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8701 but it's a good set of conditions to follow.

Steve1968LS2
01-30-2009, 08:27 PM
What exactly does the "tech inspection" entail for the GG events?

I am thinking of running mine in June at Pleasanton.

The basics.. seatbelt.. battery secure.. check wheels.. overflow tank.

Nothing exotic.

mpozzi
01-30-2009, 09:09 PM

Nick could teach slalom to all of us ... he's that good!!!

Cheers,
Mary Pozzi

CarlC
01-30-2009, 09:59 PM
Nick could teach slalom to all of us ... he's that good!!!

Cheers,
Mary Pozzi

So how can we set up our own school? I'm due for some learnin'.

class67
01-30-2009, 10:07 PM
The basics.. seatbelt.. battery secure.. check wheels.. overflow tank.

Nothing exotic.

Thanks, I didn't think that the GG's would be to strict.

Nessumsar
01-31-2009, 07:56 PM
I'm registered! You guys should get a kick out of my first auto-x experience!:lmao:

Steve, what's this Friday you are talking about? The site says 14/15, Sat., and Sun.?

Any ways, I live right off of the 605 at the Long Beach Town Center. Anyone heading down the 605 could meet up and caravan. Or for that matter anyone heading down on the 405, its only a 2 minute jaunt up the 605.

Can't wait.

p.s. Do 5-points attached to stock locations count?

Steve1968LS2
01-31-2009, 09:23 PM
I'm registered! You guys should get a kick out of my first auto-x experience!:lmao:

Steve, what's this Friday you are talking about? The site says 14/15, Sat., and Sun.?

Any ways, I live right off of the 605 at the Long Beach Town Center. Anyone heading down the 605 could meet up and caravan. Or for that matter anyone heading down on the 405, its only a 2 minute jaunt up the 605.

Can't wait.

My mistake.. I though it went on Friday too last year.. maybe that was just for registration.

I live the other way from you or I would be up for the caravan. Be sure to say hi at the event.

All PT cars should run PT.com stickers so we know you're part of the family.

Nessumsar
01-31-2009, 10:15 PM
It will be great to see some of your guys' cars, been dying to see Penny and Motiv8er.

Larry Callahan
02-01-2009, 06:55 AM
My mistake.. I though it went on Friday too last year.. maybe that was just for registration.

I live the other way from you or I would be up for the caravan. Be sure to say hi at the event.

All PT cars should run PT.com stickers so we know you're part of the family.

I will bring a stack

69camarokid
02-01-2009, 08:32 PM

Can't wait.

DUDE!!! whats up man! HAvnt talked to you in a while. Im really hoping to have my car running in time for this event. Ill find out in the next week or so if it and if so then im signing up. Itll be my first auto-x event too so im pretty sure it should be funny to watch. Im about 4 blocks from the event so i cant caravan with you but i will totally see you there! Cant wait to see your NOVA !!!!

JT_67Tempest
02-03-2009, 09:14 PM
I plan on attending both Costa Mesa and Del Mar. Del Mar was my first Good Guys show last year and I had a blast.

Johnny

Steve1968LS2
02-04-2009, 08:00 AM
I plan on attending both Costa Mesa and Del Mar. Del Mar was my first Good Guys show last year and I had a blast.

Johnny

look forward to seeing the Tempest again, did you autocross her last year?

JT_67Tempest
02-04-2009, 12:09 PM
look forward to seeing the Tempest again, did you autocross her last year?

No I did not participate in the autocross last year. Actually I've never really thought about it, figured my car was too big of a boat to try it out. Sounds kinda cool though.

Johnny

JT_67Tempest
02-04-2009, 08:24 PM

I'm new to autocross so what does a 200 rating requirement exactly mean?

mpozzi
02-04-2009, 09:16 PM
It's the treadwear rating of the tire. Having this rating prevents someone(s) competing with R-Comps or race tires.

Cheers,
Mary Pozzi

James OLC
02-04-2009, 09:24 PM
It's the treadwear rating of the tire. Having this rating prevents someone(s) competing with R-Comps or race tires.

Cheers,
Mary Pozzi

So what would you recommend Mary? I am going to have to replace my R888's and want to be sure that I get something at least close to suitable. Steve and I had discussed some options but for some reason I think that we were both assuming a 180 rating - not a 200 (I wonder where that particular brain fart came from?)

Tx
James

JT_67Tempest
02-04-2009, 09:30 PM

Cheers,
Mary Pozzi

Is this info stamped on the tire somewhere?

Thanks!

mpozzi
02-05-2009, 04:21 PM
What size tires are you looking for and I'll do some research. There's not much out there specifically for 200 but plenty for 220 treadwear. And yes, the treadwear, or UTQG, rating is listed on the sidewall. Very small print, however ...

PM me with your current tire size needs and I'll get you some recommendations. You positive it's not 180??? If so, I have a wonderful solution.

Cheers,
Mary Pozzi

James OLC
02-06-2009, 07:39 AM
I wish it was 180 - I know exactly what I would run if it were (I would hazzard to guess that it's the same as what you have in mind) - but according to the rules here: Goodguys Autocross Rules (http://www.good-guys.com/PDF/autocross_2008.pdf) they are saying "minimum of 200 tread depth" (which are actually 2 entirely different things but...)

If anyone has confirmation that it is different, post away... otherwise, it looks like 200 is the bottom line.

CarlC
02-06-2009, 08:06 AM
Yeah, but will the just let you run if you have under 200 wear rating tires? I'd hate to get a new set just for this event.

hotrod69camaro
03-05-2009, 11:16 AM
With the Goodguys Costa Mesa just a little over a week away, eariler in the thread we talked about meeting on the way and driving in and parking together. I live where the 405 ad 22 meet. Anybody interested in doing this on Saturday morning?......Mike

James OLC
03-05-2009, 12:26 PM
Yeah, but will the just let you run if you have under 200 wear rating tires? I'd hate to get a new set just for this event.

I was told by Ed Capen at Goodguys that "You can run with the 100 tread tires but your times will not count for fast times or thes set of free tires that BFG is donating." That was of February 23rd.

Steve1968LS2
03-05-2009, 06:37 PM

180 treadwear is the spec for any runs that will count towards anything.

Like Jim said, you can run on anything but to compete you need 180 or harder.

Steve1968LS2
03-05-2009, 06:39 PM
I wish it was 180 - I know exactly what I would run if it were (I would hazzard to guess that it's the same as what you have in mind) - but according to the rules here: Goodguys Autocross Rules (http://www.good-guys.com/PDF/autocross_2008.pdf) they are saying "minimum of 200 tread depth" (which are actually 2 entirely different things but...)

If anyone has confirmation that it is different, post away... otherwise, it looks like 200 is the bottom line.

It is 180.. we had them make it like it was last year.. 180.. I reapeat 180 is the treadwear minimum.. lol

They screwed up.. there's no such thing as "minimum of 200 tread depth"... that's just feldercarb..

mpozzi
03-05-2009, 09:29 PM
That's it then ... we're ALL driving Penny.

Just got done with my rear swaybar and it's real purdy.

Cheers,
Mary Pozzi

CarlC
03-05-2009, 10:30 PM
I'm out for Saturday. Just announced, it's the first day of Little League for the little guys.

I'm in for Sunday.

rsk68
03-06-2009, 07:14 AM
I'm not sure if I will be able to Autocross as I hav'nt had a chance to fix the brake issues I have, the car was out for paint touchup and just returned a week ago man did he screw that up, I think I need to paint my whole car over again.

Have we been able to secure a pro_touring area for us all to park in at the event Steve?

Oh I cast up a few hood latches this week and should have some with me.

DJW32
03-06-2009, 10:18 AM
I'm out for Saturday. Just announced, it's the first day of Little League for the little guys.

I'm in for Sunday.

I can't wait to see the car.

James,
Do you still plan on making it? If so, will you be there Sunday?

James OLC
03-06-2009, 12:20 PM
I can't wait to see the car.

James,
Do you still plan on making it? If so, will you be there Sunday?

Trying to make it happen... a huge weather front has blown through and pretty much made a mess of everything.

mpozzi
03-06-2009, 01:31 PM
C'mon, James ... it won't be the same without you there. You can put those mad autocross skills you learned to the test.

We're leaving next Thursday for So. Cal. and are staying near the event site. Definitely need a Pro-Touring area to corral our herd.

Cheers and can't wait,
Mary Pozzi

Nessumsar
03-06-2009, 09:26 PM
Hotrod69, I live at the 605 and Carson. Would love to meet up and cruise together.

Larry Callahan
03-09-2009, 03:37 PM
I'm not sure if I will be able to Autocross as I hav'nt had a chance to fix the brake issues I have, the car was out for paint touchup and just returned a week ago man did he screw that up, I think I need to paint my whole car over again.

Have we been able to secure a pro_touring area for us all to park in at the event Steve?

So, who wants to caravan with Rick and myself? We are heading up early Saturday morning. I'm leaving from Thousand Oaks.

class67
03-09-2009, 03:58 PM

Rick, I remember you mentioned the hood latches when I met you in Pleasanton, I want to see one of those.

ROBS6T8
03-09-2009, 07:34 PM
It will be great to see some of your guys' cars, been dying to see Penny and Motiv8er.

X2... sorry to hijack the thread.

This looks like a lot of fun and it will be worth the 4 hour drive. I'm looking forward to meeting all of you and actually seeing an autocross. Won't be in the 68, so no caravan for me.
Mary, the wife will be with me so hopefully she'll see how much fun autocross is and we'll see you up north sometime.

Robert

ROBS6T8
03-10-2009, 08:35 PM
Larry, what time would you be leaving from Thousand Oaks? I would like to follow you down there. We'll be driving down the 101 to the 405. That of course is if you don't leave at "sparrow fart" in the morning!

Robert

Larry Callahan
03-10-2009, 09:22 PM
My plan is to be there at 7am when registration opens. I want to get a good spot. My Tomtom says 1h 24 minutes so I plan to pull out about 5am. I will also need to jump off some place to meet Rick along the way.

That too early?

ROBS6T8
03-11-2009, 04:40 AM
My plan is to be there at 7am when registration opens. I want to get a good spot. My Tomtom says 1h 24 minutes so I plan to pull out about 5am. I will also need to jump off some place to meet Rick along the way.

That too early?

For me, no! The wife, that's a whole new story. lol We would have to leave here about 230. I think it's about 2 1/2 hour drive to you from San Luis Obispo. I don't think she'll be up for that, but I'll let you know. It starts at 9, correct? She wants to stop and have breakfast also. We'll see.
Anyway, I look forward to meeting some peeps and seeing the cars.

Robert

rsk68
03-11-2009, 06:19 AM
Larry we could meet at W Sunset and the 405, just get off and make a right on Sunset (not N Church) and park, you can make a u turn from there and get back on the freeway. what would be the time to meet at this location? 5:30am?

CarlC
03-11-2009, 06:27 AM
I'm bummed about not being able to make it for the Saturday morning cruise. Maybe one of you could let me know the lay-of-the-land once you get there so I go to the right entry gate on Sunday?

rsk68
03-11-2009, 06:33 AM
Carl I will be driving home Saturday night and driving back again Sunday morning, we can meet Sunday and cruise down together, naighbors are going to love me 2 days in a row.

rsk68
03-11-2009, 06:37 AM
Are we going to have a "Club Area" where we can all park together? I recall Steve Rupp mentioning it or was it us asking if he could pull it off.

Steve1968LS2
03-11-2009, 07:00 AM
Are we going to have a "Club Area" where we can all park together? I recall Steve Rupp mentioning it or was it us asking if he could pull it off.

They never got back to me on it. I will call them again today.

The problem with "club areas" is that they always stick you out back. lol

Last year the "Mighty Muscle" area was right next to the autocross course.

Nessumsar
03-11-2009, 09:45 AM
How many people do I get to bring with my registration? My car full, my spouse, myself? Have at least a car full of people that want to come with me, but I don't know if they have to pay?

I'm going to try and get there at 7, we'll see how that goes. How long of a line do you expect to see if you get there at 7?

Hotrod69, let me know if you want to caravan together.

rsk68
03-11-2009, 10:00 AM
I believe registration includes one passenger.

hotrod69camaro
03-11-2009, 03:04 PM
I'll meet up with you Jon and Larry and the gang also. I'm at the 22 and 405. What time do you guys want to get there?

Steve1968LS2
03-11-2009, 03:40 PM
They don't do "club areas" at GG.. it's too hard to organize with 2000+ cars in attendance.

Sorry.

I will be parked by the autocross all day.

CarlC
03-11-2009, 06:38 PM
Carl I will be driving home Saturday night and driving back again Sunday morning, we can meet Sunday and cruise down together, naighbors are going to love me 2 days in a row.

Excellent!

Looks like coming down I5 is best for both of us.

I'm good with getting there silly early to get good parking. After you find out what the deal is on Saturday, give me a call and we can figure out what time works to meet. I can wait next to an onramp near my home, and as you get close you can give me a heads-up call and I'll form up with you.

Since my neighbor likes to play his drums I think it fair that the Camaro play her music too.

ROBS6T8
03-11-2009, 08:03 PM

That too early?

Larry, it sounds like the wife is up to the early start. My question is since we're just spectators and not registering, will we be able to get in at 7. Or will have to wait until 9 with everyone else. If so, we'll leave later or will just go to Schooner or Later and have some breakfast at the harbor.
Steve, maybe you know more about the time thing. Thanks.

Robert

rsk68
03-12-2009, 05:53 AM
Carl could you Pm me your number so i can call you Sunday morning.

Larry Callahan
03-12-2009, 07:06 AM
Larry we could meet at W Sunset and the 405, just get off and make a right on Sunset (not N Church) and park, you can make a u turn from there and get back on the freeway. what would be the time to meet at this location? 5:30am?

I'm towing MotiV8r. Can I make that u-turn with a trailer?

I know I know... Trailer queen.. It's it's first time out.

rsk68
03-12-2009, 07:22 AM
I'm pretty sure theres no center divider on Sunset, I can meet you some where else if needed just let me know, I should be coming over today to visit you, do you have a banner for me? I should have a latch for you.

Nessumsar
03-12-2009, 09:24 AM
hotrod, pm me your addy, i can stop by on the way if you want.

Larry Callahan
03-12-2009, 09:53 AM
I'm pretty sure theres no center divider on Sunset, I can meet you some where else if needed just let me know, I should be coming over today to visit you, do you have a banner for me? I should have a latch for you.

Doh!!! The banner is in my garage.

rsk68
03-12-2009, 10:40 AM
Bring it GG you can help me put it on.

hotrod69camaro
03-12-2009, 07:57 PM
Jon, home phone is 714 901-8781. What time should we get there?

Larry Callahan
03-12-2009, 10:46 PM
Rick, what time did we say to meet? 5? 5:30?

Damn True
03-13-2009, 01:26 AM
I'm towing MotiV8r. Can I make that u-turn with a trailer?

I know I know... Trailer queen.. It's it's first time out.

Ok....but just this once.

rsk68
03-13-2009, 06:12 AM
5:30

I whent to start my car last night and it wouldnt, I hate this MSD Digital E curv Pro Billet distributor, my battery was a little low and if it dosnt crank at a certain RPM it wont fire.

Steve1968LS2
03-13-2009, 06:51 AM
5:30

I whent to start my car last night and it wouldnt, I hate this MSD Digital E curv Pro Billet distributor, my battery was a little low and if it dosnt crank at a certain RPM it wont fire.

Throw a charger on that sucker! Man, hope to see ya at the event.

My hopes to get an alignment (so I have a little more camber) were dashed when I found my guy was on vacation.. :(

Oh well, should still be FUN.

rsk68
03-13-2009, 07:03 AM
All I have is a battery tender and its been on all night, if it dosnt start I will go buy my 3RD red top optima in as little as 4 years, is there a better battery that will fit in my billet battery mount, or should I go yellow top now.

Damn True
03-13-2009, 08:32 AM
Throw a charger on that sucker! Man, hope to see ya at the event.

My hopes to get an alignment (so I have a little more camber) were dashed when I found my guy was on vacation.. :(

Oh well, should still be FUN.

Asked for a referral for OC over on CC if I hear anything I'll pass it on to you.

ROBS6T8
03-13-2009, 08:47 AM
The wife and I will be taking our time getting down there with a breakfast stop on the way. Hopefully be down there when the gates open for the general public. So if some bald 6' 5" guy approaches you and introduces himself with his beautiful wife, it's me!! Looking forward to meeting some of you and maybe someone can give my wife a ride around the course if they have some practice runs. I'm trying to get her interested in auto x so we can go up to the Marina/Monterey runs. Thanks.

Robert

1969CamaroRS
03-13-2009, 08:51 AM
Could be fun, sick as a dog right now. Maybe swinging by on Sunday would work.

Must finish car...

James OLC
03-13-2009, 11:48 AM
If no surprises crop up today on our little cruise today (and I can find some mini-fuses) we should be there first thing tomorrow.

Looking forward to seeing everybody over the weekend and seeing if my autocross skills have improved at all since last fall.

If anyone else needs my cell, shoot me a PM or email.

hotrod69camaro
03-13-2009, 06:05 PM
Jon I dont have your phone number

Larry Callahan
03-13-2009, 09:02 PM
My cell is 8 oh 5 four two seven - O 7 for sicks

I plan to pass by but not get off at Sunset at 5:30am I hear it's a bad off ramp with a trailer and it's my first time towing one. So, I will cal when I get close or maybe find another place after wards to pull off.

protour_chevelle
03-14-2009, 09:28 AM
you guys SUCK! man I wish I could join this stuff.

Steve1968LS2
03-14-2009, 05:05 PM
The wife and I will be taking our time getting down there with a breakfast stop on the way. Hopefully be down there when the gates open for the general public. So if some bald 6' 5" guy approaches you and introduces himself with his beautiful wife, it's me!! Looking forward to meeting some of you and maybe someone can give my wife a ride around the course if they have some practice runs. I'm trying to get her interested in auto x so we can go up to the Marina/Monterey runs. Thanks.

Robert

Introduce yourself tomorrow morning and you can have a ride.. Sunday is my day to relax a little.

68cutlass
03-14-2009, 07:51 PM
It was good to see so many members out there today. I got to see Steve pull-off the win in the autocross at the last minute in the Editor's Challenge. Penny looked very smooth on the course. I saw Liz Miles on the course and heard Mary Pozzi being talked about but didn't get to see her drive. Larry, I didn't get a chance to talk to you, but Motiv8r is amazing. What a beautifully executed car. Plus it was good to get to talk face to face with some of our Vendors: Jon from Driverz Inc., Jason Rushforth, Chris Fesler, etc. Anyone who is the area I would suggest you get out there tomorrow. It is well worth it.

-Mark

Hotchkis
03-16-2009, 11:22 AM
Just wanted to chime in with an official CONGRATULATIONS to Mr. Rupp for pulling off a harrowing win in the Editor's Challenge. For those of you that weren't there, it was a nail biter and Penny looked awesome on the course. Nicely done Steve.

Also a big thanks and thumbs up to Mary Pozzi, she put on a heck of a show in her 2nd Gen both days, posting faster times than nearly everyone else at the event including several late model sports cars.

We'll have video and photos from the event up shortly.

larknut
03-16-2009, 07:16 PM
Are any of the same people going to be at the Del Mar Goodguys autocross? I will be making the trip down to catch the show.