PDA

View Full Version : Facebook / Member ID

JEFFTATE
09-18-2008, 05:57 PM
OK.
I , for one , am TERRIBLE with peoples names.
I met a hundred people at RTTH this year who I remembered and recognized , but couldn't connect their face to ther USER Name.
I could remember their REAL names , with their faces , but couldn't connect all 3 pieces of information together.

Next year , I'm gonna' make a facebook or member photo book of everyone at RTTH. ( I shoulda done that this year for next years event)
Kinda' like a directory with everyones picture , user name and real name on a page in a flip type book.
I wasn't figuring on giving out a copy to everyone , but just making a "master" copy to leave by the door at Bill's Toybox .
That way , anyone who is at the party can look in the book and not be embarassed about what not to call anyone.

Of course , We could just use nametags.
That would probably be a lot easier.
But I just figured that nametags are hard to keep up with all weekend.

So , everyone is gonna get there picture taken next year and put in a book.
( Unless you're being hunted by the government or something.)
ok ??
If anybody has a better idea let's hear it.

Plus , this book will make a great scrapbook in years to come when we are all old.

yellowrallys
09-18-2008, 09:48 PM
OK.
I , for one , am TERRIBLE with peoples names.
I met a hundred people at RTTH this year who I rememberd and recognized , but couldn't connect their face to ther USER Name.
I could remember their REAL names , with their faces , but couldn't connect all 3 pieces of information together.

Next year , I'm gonna' make a facebook or member photo book of everyone at RTTH. ( I shoulda done that this year for next years event)
Kinda' like a directory with everyones picture , user name and real name on a page in a flip type book.
I wasn't figuring on giving out a copy to everyone , but just making a "master" copy to leave by the door at Bill's Toybox .
That way , anyone who is at the party can look in the book and not be embarassed about what not to call anyone.

Of course , We could just use nametags.
That would probably be a lot easier.
But I just figured that nametags are hard to keep up with all weekend.

So , everyone is gonna get there picture taken next year and put in a book.
( Unless you're being hunted by the government or something.)
ok ??
If anybody has a better idea let's hear it.

Plus , this book will make a great scrapbook in years to come when we are all old.

Good idea, Jeff.
"in years to come", some of us will be REAL old.:sick:

JEFFTATE
09-19-2008, 04:39 AM
The face might change , but the book would still work.
I'm actually gonna' work on it over the winter.
I'll just use photos from the site.
We don't really need mugshots.

parsonsj
09-19-2008, 05:41 AM
Great idea, Jeff. Bill has appointed you as the social director of our little car club, I see.

Me, I won't be old for a long time, so it's no problem. :)

jp

JEFFTATE
09-19-2008, 07:34 AM
I'm gonna' work on it.
Seriously..........

In between all the other stuff I got going on..
( Sheesh ... What's wrong with me ??? I keep adding projects. Everything is half finished. )

paintitblack08
09-19-2008, 09:19 AM
Jeff what ru talkin' about u and my dad are old NOW! hahaha

;)

dont be too mad ur still my hero haha

Yelcamino
09-19-2008, 09:44 AM
This sounds like a great idea, especially since I'm terrible with names to begin with... and then throw in a user name and a car on top and I'm lost. I can remember the people I talk with the most but the ones I have short conversations with become foggy quickly. If needed, I can provide a pic of my ugly mug.

JEFFTATE
09-19-2008, 12:14 PM
Jeff what ru talkin' about u and my dad are old NOW! hahaha

;)

dont be too mad ur still my hero haha

Payden , Your gonna' be the first on my list.

JEFFTATE
09-19-2008, 12:15 PM
This sounds like a great idea, especially since I'm terrible with names to begin with... and then throw in a user name and a car on top and I'm lost. I can remember the people I talk with the most but the ones I have short conversations with become foggy quickly. If needed, I can provide a pic of my ugly mug.

Thanks Herb.
What was your wifes name again ?
I really enjoyed having dinner with you guys .

xxxturbo6
09-19-2008, 02:25 PM
You should ask Bill how many of those NOS Lanyard's he has left and you could take pictures and list there real name & user name and laminate it so they can where that lanyard around there neck instead of taking a sticky name tag that has to be re-done every day...

Start asking people to send in just a face shot of themself and start it with the people who will Deffinetly be there next year. Hell I'll do mine myself and send it to ya jeff..

Good idea though! Hell i didn't know who half of the people were...

Scot W.

JEFFTATE
09-22-2008, 07:44 AM
You should ask Bill how many of those NOS Lanyard's he has left and you could take pictures and list there real name & user name and laminate it so they can where that lanyard around there neck instead of taking a sticky name tag that has to be re-done every day...

Start asking people to send in just a face shot of themself and start it with the people who will Deffinetly be there next year. Hell I'll do mine myself and send it to ya jeff..

Scot W.

Thanks Scott !

69rs
09-22-2008, 05:59 PM
Good idea. Start here......

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2008/09/Picture136-1.jpg?t=1222134736

or here.....

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2008/09/Picture134-1.jpg?t=1222134819

Yelcamino
09-22-2008, 07:06 PM
Thanks Herb.
What was your wifes name again ?
I really enjoyed having dinner with you guys .

Carol. We had a good time too!

JEFFTATE
09-23-2008, 06:19 AM
DamnIt !
I'm getting a second chin !

Did you photoshop that ???
Is my nose really that BIG ??

I gotta ' start working out .

gmjj13
09-23-2008, 08:20 AM
:lol:

i think this is a good idea. it was cool meeting members for the first time. i think it would have definately been easier with some sort of name/user id thing, then i would have had a better idea as to who was who from the board. i'm pretty bad with names as well.:cheers:

btw...we were the couple in the little red and white cooper

Tucks69
09-23-2008, 10:52 AM
It was nice to meet you and your wife at the RTTH. You should have run the Mini through the Auto X. Looking forward to next year!!!

Mike

(I was driving the black Suburban)

JEFFTATE
09-23-2008, 12:00 PM
Yeah !
I like those MINI's .
I thought you were gonna' autox it.
Maybe next time ??

gmjj13
09-23-2008, 12:41 PM
Mike, it was nice meeting you and your wife as well. my old lady is actually looking forward to next year already.

hopefully next time my car will be there. i had thought about running the mini, but since its the wife's car, i didn't want to beat on it too bad. she told me to go ahead and run it, but i figured i'd rather wait til next time when mine is there. mine's a lot easier to fix if it breaks. next time i plan on being a lot more involved and hopefully get the chance to help out with things as well as play. i also plan on making all the events next year as well. it was an awesome time...

SaturnVUEguy
09-23-2008, 05:12 PM

Scot W.At another national car club gathering I've been to, we did something along those lines. We all wore a lanyard with our screen name so we would know each other that way, although they weren't laminated

newbaa
09-23-2008, 05:48 PM
hell i wasn't there, but i want to.... eventually... but as for the lanyard thing just get someone who is going to SEMA to pick up a bunch of them. First off they're free, and then just do whatever kind of a card you want to with them.

69rs
09-23-2008, 08:51 PM
DamnIt !
I'm getting a second chin !

Did you photoshop that ???
Is my nose really that BIG ??

I gotta ' start working out .

You're gonna excersize your nose?

JEFFTATE
09-24-2008, 04:38 AM
You're gonna excersize your nose?

No , just my chin....

JEFFTATE
09-24-2008, 04:39 AM
You know , the laminated thing around the neck is a good idea.
Maybe a better idea than a book ...
Hmmm .........

SaturnVUEguy
09-24-2008, 08:25 AM
Jeff, at least with the lanyard, you don't have to run back to the book everytime you greet or talk to someone

zbugger
09-24-2008, 05:26 PM
There are some faces you'd rather forget, aren't there?