PDA

View Full Version : Am I short changing my self?

Stu Seitz
02-21-2005, 10:23 AM
Looking to get a rad for my 69 ls1 so i'm calling Rod davis, Griffin and what not. I have herd nothing but good things about Rod DAvis rads and they look killer but I got quoted for 900 bucks for fans and everything!! Griffin was around 600 shiped with fans and everthing. Is the Davis rad really that good, how much bettter with it hold up on track day; which I will be going to A LOT.

porschev8
02-22-2005, 03:32 PM
Ron Davis gives members of Pro-Touring.com a 5% discount. Did you mention this site when you called? You should have been quoted less than $900.00 if you mentioned it.

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2004/10/1116CA69002-1.jpg

OHCbird
03-06-2005, 10:13 PM
If it's of any consequence...

1. Ron Davis Radiators are used by Team Corvette (C5Rs, won Le Mans 24 hr, etc). They don't put nickel & dime parts on thir cars...

2. Tim (Porchev above) is very user-friendly (esp to PT.com members)

3. Their product speaks for itself.

esenior
03-16-2005, 12:25 PM
Ron Davis gives members of Pro-Touring.com a 5% discount. Did you mention this site when you called? You should have been quoted less than $900.00 if you mentioned it.

I was wondering if anyone has one of the Ron Davis units on the 69 Camaro? I've got a unique challenge in that the right hand fan motor interferes with my supercharger belt. Can someone provide some detailed measurements of their radiator/fans?

FYI...As soon as I find a solution to the problem, I'll be selling my BeCool setup. I bought it from summit about a year ago, but it's never been used :doh:

porschev8
06-15-2005, 08:23 AM
I was wondering if anyone has one of the Ron Davis units on the 69 Camaro? I've got a unique challenge in that the right hand fan motor interferes with my supercharger belt. Can someone provide some detailed measurements of their radiator/fans?

FYI...As soon as I find a solution to the problem, I'll be selling my BeCool setup. I bought it from summit about a year ago, but it's never been used :doh:

I just found your post regarding the clearance issue with the fan. Has it been resolved? I would have replied earlier but I didn't see this post until now.

Rybar
06-15-2005, 08:34 AM
Don't forget to mention the price of 900 is probably for the rad & fans, custom shroud, and wiring hanrnesses with shipping. I contacted Griffin and BeCool and the BeCool price was more for the rad only! And Griffin never got back to me.

Dwayne at Ron Davis was awesome to deal with and I think thier price was very fair for the quality of the product that you get. Oh yeah, don't forget that pro-touring.com discount!

USAZR1
06-15-2005, 05:11 PM
Alumitech Reproductions had a booth at Chevellabration 05 in Nashville last week. Their aluminum radiator/shroud/fan combo retails for $960 and they were giving a show special price of $870. Why am I bringing this up? Well,their stuff was pretty decent looking but IMO,nowhere near as nice as the Ron Davis components. I've used Ron Davis radiators in my ZR-1 Corvettes and was very pleased with them.

Tim,I'm still running the stock-style radiator in my 69 El Camino w/350 SBC. I don't need a new radiator but would like to add a alum shroud/electric fan combo and eliminate the oem shroud and engine-driven fan & clutch. Does RD sell something that would do so?