PDA

View Full Version : Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

protouring70
09-14-2008, 03:51 PM
I just wanted to say thanks for all of the hard work that was put into this whole weekend.
DSE thanks for the cooler.
Bill and Larry thanks for a great weekend.
And for the ladies that helped prepare food Sat. Thanks.
And for everyone else that was involved, thank you!

Melinda, maybe you won't get in trouble this Year! HAHAHAHA

It is always nice to come to this event!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

67SSDan
09-14-2008, 07:21 PM
I second that motion. Awesome time. Thanks for all the efforts that went into guys!

Tucks69
09-15-2008, 01:52 AM
This was my first year attending a RTTH event. Thanks Bill and Larry for all your hard work. It was nice to finally put faces with the screen names. I didn't compete this year but I still feel like I participated. I hope to have my car ready next year.
Thanks to Jeff Tate also for the ride along in the auto x. All the members I met made me and my wife feel right at home.

Mike and Emily Tucker

ScotI
09-15-2008, 05:56 AM
It was my first year attending this event as well & we truely enjoyed it.

Bill was a great host. The people that I personally met & BS'd w/were extremely nice. Both the cruise & autocross event were well run & the food/services provided were outstanding!

My only regret is we couldn't participate a little more. Maybe next year I'll make arrangements earlier so we can be in the autocross & stay long enough for the Sunday 1/8 mile racing.

I'm sure I speak for myself & my co-pilot Matt- Thanks for the great weekend.... Scot.

Twentyover
09-15-2008, 11:17 AM
My first year, I hung around but didn't get involved. Had a problem on the road trip down (My wheels were late, and I blew up a tire on the way down. Didn't get out of the plant in Cinncy until 2:30, so i missed the run through the Smokies, had an electrical problem that I felt was safe enough for me to street drive the car, but didn't want to try to twist the arm of a tech guy for a pass.

Had a good time, but could have used about 10 degrees cooler on Saturday. Thanks to the Barb-be-Crew on Saturday

Stg1Regal
09-16-2008, 05:42 AM
Same here first to even hear about the event,and first time to see what was going on.

WOW!!

Although my wife and I didnt participate in any the events,just seeing the serious hardware staged before the cruise was awesome.
I was like a kid in a candy store, my wife just grinned and rolled her eyes.
Catching up on friends I hadn't seen in awhile, and meeting new ones was even better.
The biggest thing to me was seeing the major sponsors there too, like DSE, GM High Tech Mag, V8TV,Twist Machine,Prodigy Customs...ect,ect..and others that I missed.
So major KUDOS to all who put this event together, now you put some drive in me to get mine done and set up to participate in next years event.:thumb:

mrupp
09-17-2008, 06:56 PM
What a great event! Thanks Bill and Larry for a job well done. It took 3 years for me to make it, and well worth the wait!

I hope to have a/c for next year! Jeez! I just remember being super hot, waiting in the staging lanes at the dragstip, looking over at Kyle Tucker sitting in his car with the windows up and the a/c blasting. Jealous!

Also hope to have a better setup for the autocross, 650+hp with manual steering, a detroit locker and 255 rear tires makes for easy loops! (remember the purple camaro that almost killed Steve Rupp?):hand:

Thanks again guys and gals. Can't wait for next year!

ps - love the red 70 Goat!

Steve1968LS2
09-17-2008, 07:29 PM
Yea, I thought the red shirt would keep me safe.. lol

Nice car and good to see you (and thanks for missing me although my wife was already spending my million $$ insurance policy. lol)

JEFFTATE
09-18-2008, 04:54 PM
Yep !
Thanks to all involved. Especially Larry Callahan , Bill Howell ,and Melinda Howell.
And to Mike Tucker for making me feel good about my car , by wanting to ride with me.
And to ScotI and Matt for coming all the way from TEXAS !
You guys rule !
Hope you come back next year !

Also , thanks to Jeff Schwartz for giving me a ride in the Ultima GTR !
Whew !
It really is THAT fast !
If the components he builds for musclecars are in any way close to the Ultima , his stuff is gonna' be hard to beat when he brings a musclecar to the event next year.

Also , thanks to Matt( Bow Tie 67 ) for letting me bum cigarettes all weekend.

protouring70
09-18-2008, 05:18 PM
Jeff Did You Tell Your Wife That Someone Wanted To Ride With You !!!!!
See, Your Driving Isn't Alllllllll That Bad!!!!!!!!!!!! Hahahaha

JEFFTATE
09-18-2008, 05:35 PM
Jeff Did You Tell Your Wife That Someone Wanted To Ride With You !!!!!
See, Your Driving Isn't Alllllllll That Bad!!!!!!!!!!!! Hahahaha

Hey Brent !
It was bad on Saturday !

BA.
09-18-2008, 05:46 PM
Hey Brent, just wanted to say it was good to see you there again. Hope you get a car to bring next year and maybe we'll have more time to hang out!

Tucks69
09-18-2008, 06:01 PM
Yep !
Thanks to all involved. Especially Larry Callahan , Bill Howell ,and Melinda Howell.
And to Mike Tucker for making me feel good about my car , by wanting to ride with me.
And to ScotI and Matt for coming all the way from TEXAS !
You guys rule !
Hope you come back next year !

Also , thanks to Jeff Schwartz for giving me a ride in the Ultima GTR !
Whew !
It really is THAT fast !
If the components he builds for musclecars are in any way close to the Ultima , his stuff is gonna' be hard to beat when he brings a musclecar to the event next year.

Also , thanks to Matt( Bow Tie 67 ) for letting me bum cigarettes all weekend.

I thought your driving skills were fine Jeff!!! Of course nobody on the forum has rode with me!! My 69 Camaro has been upside down once and minus the left front wheel and fender the other time!!

I enjoyed the ride though. Already made the reservations for next year. Hope the 69 will be at least back together by then, if not maybe the 68.

Mike

mrupp
09-18-2008, 06:05 PM
Yea, I thought the red shirt would keep me safe.. lol

Nice car and good to see you (and thanks for missing me although my wife was already spending my million $$ insurance policy. lol)

Steve I didn't think you could run that fast!

ps - I started a thread on PHR's forum about giving up some hp up top by going to a rpm air gap, and offered up a motor to test it. That's the motor in my camaro. Check it out, and twist Hunkins arm a little for me!:razz:

Tig Man
09-20-2008, 07:48 AM
For the great cruise. My wife wimped out on Saturday because of the heat. Hope to attend again!

Mark

ScotI
09-20-2008, 12:43 PM
For the great cruise. My wife wimped out on Saturday because of the heat. Hope to attend again!

Mark
I (we) wondered what happened to you two. I was looking foward to checking it out on the autocross.

And to ScotI and Matt for coming all the way from TEXAS ! You guys rule ! Hope you come back next year !

That's my plan. You guys are one of the main reasons I really liked this event. You didn't know us from the next guy but you, Jason, Matt, & Darren all treated us like longtime friends.

I came home & told my buddies @ the shop (Stoked Out Specialties) about the trip. They're discussing some changes on @ least one car (69 SS Nova) to possibly come along next year & have some fun too . . .....

Bow Tie 67
09-20-2008, 06:07 PM
What a great event! Thanks Bill and Larry for a job well done. It took 3 years for me to make it, and well worth the wait!

I hope to have a/c for next year! Jeez! I just remember being super hot, waiting in the staging lanes at the dragstip, looking over at Kyle Tucker sitting in his car with the windows up and the a/c blasting. Jealous!

Also hope to have a better setup for the autocross, 650+hp with manual steering, a detroit locker and 255 rear tires makes for easy loops! (remember the purple camaro that almost killed Steve Rupp?):hand:

Thanks again guys and gals. Can't wait for next year!

ps - love the red 70 Goat!

Glad to hear I was not the only one with manual steering, that course was a hand-full.