PDA

View Full Version : trunk mount battery ??

67RSSS502
02-19-2005, 01:09 PM
Hi All,

I installed my DSE battery mount in the trunk today and started to think about my wiring route to get the power up front.

I have the MAD Start'em up kit and was planning on installing the solenoid in the trunk.. run one 1/0 cable from the switched side to the starter and then run another 1/0 cable from the + side of the battery up under the dash for distribution to Painless Kit supply, alternator output etc. Thoughts? My mind is debating only running one 1/0 cable from the + side up to under the dash, then installing the solenoid someplace discrete in or around that area and then running a shorter cable from that to the starter.....

My original plan to use 2 long 1/0 cables had them run in the tray that exists next to the door as I have seen others do, but it seems really tight to get two 1/0 cables in there. I think I can get them in but then at the end (closest to the firewall) of the light metal cover that goes over the top of this tray it looks like I will have a pinch point i.e potential risk of short. I am wondering what advice you can provide, as I was also thinking about routing the cables out into the kickpanel area so as to avoid the problems at the end of the tray.

Thanks!
Dion
67RSSS502