PDA

View Full Version : someone able/willing to finish pro-touring project on nights/weekends?

Flash68
08-15-2008, 08:06 PM
Kind of a strange request I guess... but I might be "firing" my builder who has had my 68 Camaro in his shop in NV since December 2006. I have given him a deadline of end of Sept and if he is not done with the car (he should be close at least) I am trailering it back to the bay area. I am not really wanting to take it to one of the shops that would likely jack me with a bunch more T&M labor charges. I understand that is their business, but I don't think that is what I need at this final stage of the project. There aren't that many parts left to purchase - maybe just small misc things.

Anyone interested, capable, willing, or know of anyone? I am in San Francisco and the car will probably be taken somewhere in the east bay where I work to be stored/garaged somewhere. I am not looking for free help here obviously. Time will be compensated.

thanks in advance

MrQuick
08-15-2008, 09:39 PM
What are you going to need....gue-stimate. Major fab or just reassembly?

[email protected]

Should have some space after I finish work on a 65 Chevelle.

Flash68
08-15-2008, 10:03 PM
What are you going to need....gue-stimate. Major fab or just reassembly?

[email protected]

Should have some space after I finish work on a 65 Chevelle.

I'll send you an email. Thanks for replying.

Steve1968LS2
08-16-2008, 12:14 AM
If you were down this way I would have ideas. Good luck though and sorry to here about your "builder" lots of bad shops out there.

Flash68
08-16-2008, 01:28 AM
If you were down this way I would have ideas. Good luck though and sorry to here about your "builder" lots of bad shops out there.

Thanks Steve. Yeah, I don't wanna necessarily throw this guy under the bus. I have actually become pretty good friends with him over the course of this (a little bit of the problem) but he isn't ripping me off by any means. In fact, we have a unique pricing agreement that is very very good for me, I am just not happy with the progress (or lack thereof!).

Plus, he is not used to building cars of this quality so some of that is part of it I think. But he is capable.

Anyway, let's get it in your mag once it's done! :smoke:

thanks for posting