PDA

View Full Version : So I go on a cruise today......

Bill Howell
07-26-2008, 03:52 PM
getting ready for the RTTH4 cruise and looking for something a little different from what we have done in the past.
We ride over toward Cosby,Tn scouting out some cool roads and great scenery and found this great little restaurant over in Cosby.
So, I am changing the plans alittle and we will probably start the cruise around 3pm so we can get to the restaurant around 4:30. Rather than cruise then eat this year we will cruise,eat and the cruise back home.
60mile round trip and many curves to whip around. Heck, this cruise even includes a true, original East Tennessee covered bridge...:cool:

Here is a linky to the restaurant.
http://dininginthesmokies.com/_cosby/dccarver.htm

protouring70
07-26-2008, 04:44 PM
Sounds nice. Thanks Bill for making this an exciting weekend!

andrewb70
07-26-2008, 07:41 PM
Awesome. Looking forward to it Bill.

Andrew

yellowrallys
07-27-2008, 06:04 AM
So we're gonna cruise back to PF with a full belly, whipping around those mountain curves. I can here it now from the passenger side...."PULL OVER, I GOTTA BARF!!" :seizure: :barf:

Sounds like a good cruise, though.

Steve Firebird
07-27-2008, 11:37 AM
Sounds like fun. I just told my 13 year old son he maybe missing a few days of school in Sept. He took it pretty well.:cool: :jump: :woot:

Rubes
07-27-2008, 12:11 PM
So we're gonna cruise back to PF with a full belly, whipping around those mountain curves. I can here it now from the passenger side...."PULL OVER, I GOTTA BARF!!" :seizure: :barf:

Sounds like a good cruise, though.
LOL...glad I'm driving.

Oh yeah...I assume you're going to warn them of the invasion before we overwhelm them.

Bow Tie 67
07-27-2008, 03:28 PM
Sounds great, can't wait.

CompInnovations
07-30-2008, 09:33 PM
What roads you taking from PF to Cosby and back? Id be careful taking all these GM guys out like that, we don't get such great cell service some places in East Tennessee so how will you call the tow trucks? :)

Yelcamino
07-31-2008, 02:13 AM
That sounds like a plan! When I lived in San Diego I was in a Corvette club and that's how they did their get togethers. We'd find some distant restaurant, drive out, take care of meeting stuff, eat, then drive home. It was usually a pretty good time.

Bill Howell
07-31-2008, 05:22 AM
What roads you taking from PF to Cosby and back? Id be careful taking all these GM guys out like that, we don't get such great cell service some places in East Tennessee so how will you call the tow trucks? :)

LOL, If you are familiar with the area between here and there, we will be going out upper middle creek, then pittman center to 321. then straight into Cosby. coming back thru Jones Cove. 27 miles over and 32 back so a good cruise.

Vinz68
07-31-2008, 02:27 PM
Sounds like it's gonna be great! Can't wait:bananna2:

Samckitt
07-31-2008, 08:33 PM
OK so if the Monte isn't ready, or I don't feel comfortable driving it 6 hrs from near Indy to get there, will someone let me ride along?

andrewb70
07-31-2008, 08:54 PM
OK so if the Monte isn't ready, or I don't feel comfortable driving it 6 hrs from near Indy to get there, will someone let me ride along?

I have been making offers to various people to ride with me. I will be traveling from Bowling Green, KY, through Nashville, to Pigeon Forge.

Andrew

Samckitt
08-01-2008, 04:37 AM
I meant ride with someone on "run through the hills" cruise to dinner. If I come down I think my wife wants to go too just to get away for a few days.

JEFFTATE
08-01-2008, 06:07 AM
That sounds great Bill !
Thanks !
I Love Home Cooking !!

It's good that we are starting a little earlier so we can eat and get back to the hotel before dark.
That way we can all get some good parking places ( before the tourists get them )and hang out and BS around the hotel.

Twentyover
08-01-2008, 06:22 AM
Current plan is to drive down by myself (I have some business stuff in Cinnci earlier that week) I should have an empty chair during the weekend, if all goes well

BA.
08-04-2008, 08:12 AM
sounds awesome Bill!

thanks for taking the time & effort to see that we all have a good time!!

69rs
08-05-2008, 09:08 PM
Uncle Billy rocks! :1st: