PDA

View Full Version : What subframe worth??

Dreamin69
05-30-2008, 10:30 AM
I am going in the morning to look at a used subframe that someone has localy. It is at a garage sale. I have seen the car( 69 camaro convertible) before. The owner has put DSE subframe in and is looking to sell his old sub. I think it has disks. If the frame is complete, what do you think it is worth???? I currently do not have a car but will have one someday and it will be a Camaro. I am thinking that I may purchase it and fix it up. Just something to mess with for a little while.

rubbersdown
05-30-2008, 10:39 AM
Depends on condition but here in az I can buy them all day long in good shape for $150, but thats usually without discs so u need to figure out what kind of discs they are and what they are worth to you.

6'9"Witha69
05-30-2008, 10:53 AM
As for price, I paid 300 for a bare pullout 8 years ago from a classic car salvage place.

I will tell you that the most important areas to look at are the horns for damage, underneath the downlegs for cracks and all mounting locations(6) for rusting out. Also, if you plan to use the A Arms with it, ensure there is little to no damage to the vertical areas of the LCA as this can indicate damag from running into/over curbs and parking stops and also makes rebuilding the arms more difficult as the bushing may become out of round. Look at the underside of the main cross support for damage and incorrect jack placement denting.

I can't think of more but there may be.

silver69camaro
05-30-2008, 11:57 AM
I sold mine for $750 with discs. It's tough to figure a market value.

David Sloan
05-30-2008, 01:01 PM
I have a couple layin around. I have been getting $400with drum brakes.

Dreamin69
05-31-2008, 05:09 AM
I went this morning and looked at it and bought it for $400. They switched the disks to drums but the rest of the frame is real nice. I will tear it apart and blast it. Fine tune the welds and go from there. Thanks for the input!

Kenova
05-31-2008, 06:31 PM
Might be a good idea to measure it up for straightness. Ask me how I know.:banghead: