PDA

View Full Version : DSE in a Mopar

Bigblue73
05-27-2008, 06:58 AM
I was looking through a catalog this past weekend from DSE and I really like the Quadra-link rear suspension that they have for the Camaro's and Nova's. Would I be able to use the same geometry that the Camaro's use under my Challenger? I'm making a phone call to DSE this morning. Other than the adaptation of the mounting points for the link arms, I think I could handle the fabrication. Does anyone have any experience in installing this in their cars. How is the ride, better yet the travel of the suspension? Any draw backs?

I'll post what I hear from DSE.

Thanks -

Tony

High Plains Mopars
06-01-2008, 09:31 AM
Rather than trying to adapt a chevy kit to you mopar, why not call Bill at Alter-K-Ation and get a triangulated four link designed for your mopar?

MoparCar
06-06-2008, 08:09 AM
Interesting idea. I don't think Bill makes one for E-bodys only A- bodies.

I've also been looking at the Chassis Works Canted 4-link with the billet arms and their FAB 9 housing. I think I can make this work also. I've got to make final measurements when my Challenger is off the rotisserie after media blasting and on stands at ride height. Take a look and let me know what you think about the canted 4 link also.

rjsjea
06-06-2008, 08:24 AM
Rad Rides put a DSE 4-link in Joe Rogan's "sick fish" cuda. Dont know how much work it involved. RMS only makes there 4link for Abodies right now

My A-body has a Tri 4bar w/ Chassisworks brackets and Heidt's bars

silver69camaro
06-06-2008, 09:25 AM
We do triangulated 4-bars for just about anything. Proven to 1.1g on the skidpad too.

MoparCar
06-06-2008, 02:09 PM
Matt,
Do you make a "kit" for a 71 Challenger or is it more or less the back half/new frame approach. Which do you recommend more-your triangulated 4 link or your 3-link/watts? I've looked at your items many times also on your site.

Thanks, Wes

darren@ridetech
06-09-2008, 11:58 AM
We make a AirBar (bolt on triangulated 4 link) for the B & E bodies. Bill @ Reilly Motorsports and Chassis Works both sell it.

MoparCar
06-09-2008, 01:50 PM
Will the AirBar be upgraded to a frame to frame cradle mount similiar to the G-Bar anytime? Also I'm trying to get 315s or 335s in the Challenger which I can do but the lower arms need to be moved in. A lot of the Mopar guys are modifiying the upper arm supports and basically making the frame to frame mount for these items to get a bit more rigidity between the two seperate mounts and then relocating the lower arms tight to the frame for clearance.

What's the adjustabity of the Airbar?

Thanks!
Wes

darren@ridetech
06-10-2008, 05:08 AM
I am a little confused with your question but I think that I understand what you are getting at.

First off....the G-bar and the AirBar are the same thing. Now, Alston just finished redesigning the AirBar/G-Bar for the Mustangs, very similar design, just more adjustments and options.

Most of the AirBar/G-bars have a one piece cradle that bolts in between the frame rails. This cradle offers the upper mounts for the Shockwave/Coilovers and the upper bar.

Due to space constraints on the Mopar E bodies we had to make the upper bar mounts a two piece design. Although this may not appear to be as strong, what you may not see is the reinforcement plate on the inside of the car that ties it all together. So rest assure, this design is just as strong as the one piece. Here are a couple pics.....

darren@ridetech
06-10-2008, 05:59 AM
I have heard of a few guys moving that lower arm in, I think they are using B-body axles since they are narrower. One of the guys from Lateral-G has done it. I think that we actually built him a custom offset lower bar.

Crazy Carl
06-11-2008, 09:55 AM
Rad Rides put a DSE 4-link in Joe Rogan's "sick fish" cuda. Dont know how much work it involved. RMS only makes there 4link for Abodies right now

I read the build book for that car and I'm thinking they used only the DSE bars. I know the frame rails were completely custom.

MoparCar
06-11-2008, 01:34 PM
I read the build book for that car and I'm thinking they used only the DSE bars. I know the frame rails were completely custom.

Yes, I think you are correct. I'd have to dig my book out but I think they were a typical parallel bar 4-link set up also.

MoparCar
06-11-2008, 01:47 PM
Due to space constraints on the Mopar E bodies we had to make the upper bar mounts a two piece design. Although this may not appear to be as strong, what you may not see is the reinforcement plate on the inside of the car that ties it all together. So rest assure, this design is just as strong as the one piece. Here are a couple pics.....

Darren,
I see the reinforcement plate. Is the one in your attached picture the one in the kit or is this one modified (I see the roll cage bars in the picture)? Also, what kind of adjustablility is there for further suspension tuning. It appears upper bars and shock mounting height?
Thanks!

High Plains Mopars
06-15-2008, 06:17 PM
As chance would have it, the August issue of Mopar Muscle has an article on putting the Reilly A body four link into a B body. Looks like they made a custom cradle for the pick up points, cut out the OEM shock mounts, changed some of the adjustments, and in it went.

rjsjea
06-15-2008, 06:34 PM
:slap: ....always happens when I post something (see above post).