PDA

View Full Version : RRS or AJE strut suspension for street / road race?

CptKlutz
05-22-2008, 11:43 AM
Trying to solve my downpipe issues in my 69 Mustang build and a strut suspension like AJE Racing (or RRS) will make tons of room, notch the shock towers, go to front mounted R&P. My current street and road race/track day Mustang has a Global West setup (non coil over) with 750 lb springs and I'm pretty happy with it's handling.
On the new build I was going for a TCP coil over whitch I've driven and like. Never driven a strut type suspension (in a classic) before so if anyone has experience with them and AJE in particular I'd love to hear about it! I know AJE is drag race, but RRS seems to sell the same type to Pro Tourers? So it actually works OK?

CptKlutz
05-25-2008, 06:39 AM
Seriously guys? No one? This is not a race car, just a street & track toy, just need to know if I'm OK with struts.

chicane67
05-25-2008, 11:52 AM
What about the new Global West coil over suspension for that chassis ??

Lowend
05-25-2008, 12:19 PM
+1 I have yet to find anyone who makes a better dual purpose product than GW.

CptKlutz
05-25-2008, 10:46 PM
Thanks for the input. I'd have to agree, all GW on my current Mustang. But it's doesn't give me any more space - or much weight saving for that matter. With the AJE I can shave the towers to give room for the turbo piping and between that, swapping to a tube K-member, getting rid of the strut rod etc I loose 100 lbs up front (that was on a 67 though). Not easy to ignore! I was just looking for someone who'd been to the track with it?

68phx
05-28-2008, 10:54 PM
Be careful with the RRS products! If you would like some insight send me a PM and I can show you numerous pictures of quality issues and tell you of countless customer service problems!

Bad Bird
05-30-2008, 06:28 PM
Hello 68phx. I am interested to know, as I am keen on running the RRS adjustable strut rods.

CptKlutz
05-31-2008, 09:41 AM
Thanks for the heads up. I went with the AJE in the end with adjustable A-arm and a new even stronger K-member.