PDA

View Full Version : Front end STILL too high............HELP

protour73
05-20-2008, 11:55 AM
I am looking for someone with a similar setup as mine. Hotchkis small block front coil springs, Global West upper and lower control arms. ZZ4 engine w/ aluminum heads and intake, aluminum pulleys and brackets, steel 2" cowl induction hood, and protouring f-body aluminum subframe bushings in the stock configuration.

Problem is, these springs advertise a certain amount of drop (live and learn), I have one full coil removed (the max recommended by hotchkis) and I still have at least 3" between the lip of the wheelwell and the top of my 255/40-17 front wheel/tire combo. NOT the lowered look I was going for......... I cannot remove anymore from the coils, as this will adversely affect the spring rate (600#).

thanks in advance,
Scott :banghead:

tumper93
05-20-2008, 12:45 PM
Were the lower control arms tightened with the suspension loaded? Were the upper arm center link outer nuts tightened with the car loaded? 3" from the top of the tire to the fender is a LOT of space like you say. How did you tighten things up, specifically??

David Pozzi
05-20-2008, 12:58 PM
How much space between the bump stops and frame?
It is very difficult to correctly position the top of the spring in the pocket. Have you verified they are properly seated?

tumper93 has some good suggestions above.
David

protour73
05-21-2008, 07:43 AM
EVERTHING is loose....suspension is not loaded, at all

Davis......LOTS of room between bump stop and frame....1 1/2"(?) or more.. I still have not made a SOLID inspection of the spring location in the upper pocket, that will be done over this looooong weekend.

I am also going to change the arrangement of my PTFB aluminum subframe bushings...that will yield at least a 1/2" alone.

thanks for the response guys
.BTW........what should tightening order be, when it comes time to secure everything??? anythng specific?