PDA

View Full Version : slide-a-link vs after market leafs

RPWoodbine
05-20-2008, 02:50 AM
I have a 68 Camaro which has a stock suspension with multi leaf rear springs with comp engineering slide-a-links. I'm going to install the SC&C stage 2 plus front suspension pkg to help with the geometry issues. I'm debating wether to keep the stock front springs with the stock multi leafs with the slide-a-links or go to global west 1 inch lowering springs up front and global west lowering leaf springs with no slide-a-link (slide-a-link only works with stock rear leafs). My concern is traction. The car has a pretty potent 383 with around 530-550 hp (at the crank) with 4.10 gears and a 2004r tranny. Tires out back are 17" 275/40's. Do you think I would get better traction on the street if I keep the slide-a-links with stock leafs or by going with Global Wests performance leafs with no slide-a-links? The car is useless in first gear now (just spins), but I dont want to make it worse. Thanks for any help.

nicks67camaro
05-20-2008, 04:18 AM
I had a similar set up before I went to the G-Bar...FYI You CAN use the slide a link with the Global west L2 rear leaf. You will have to cut the front of the CE mounting bracket and add material to clear the spring design. I have VERY good results with traction even with a 225 rear tire making similar HP.

6'9"Witha69
05-20-2008, 09:01 AM
I use Hotchkis with the Slide-a-links and for the street I might as well not have them. Unless you want to run around preloaded and ready to fire, they do nothing. And if they are pre loaded, ride sucks and handling is worse.