PDA

View Full Version : Can I flip spring plates to mount shocks inboard?

4birdman
05-15-2008, 06:04 PM
Just like the title says. I am going to be putting a bigger wheeltubs in the back, so I want to run the shocks inboard of the frame rails.

Can I just take the stock lower plates and run the passenger's side on the driver's side and vice-versa to put the shocks inboard of the frame?

This is on the Patriot Dream 68 Camaro.

MrQuick
05-15-2008, 06:18 PM
yes you can

4birdman
05-15-2008, 06:19 PM
Crap, I didn't realize until I just went out and looked at them that I've got monoleaf leaf spring plates and I'm running multileafs and multileaf-type shocks!

Anyone have any plates lying around? Any condition as long as they aren't bent, have blaster and side business powdercoating! :)

MrQuick
05-15-2008, 06:24 PM
I have a set but you can get a set from Coleman....they will ship next day. http://www.colemanracing.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=49_690

Do you have some old lakewood traction bars laying around.... You can cut the front section (slappers) off for a heavy duty lower shock mount. Just cut off the extra shock brackets that you don't need off.

If I recall the only difference is the mono has a dual shear type lower bracket hole where the bolt goes through the shock and the multi leaf version had a hole where you bolt the stud through it. Then the stud goes through the hole in the shock.

silver69camaro
05-16-2008, 04:58 AM
Speedway sells those in L/R versions for $20 a piece.