PDA

View Full Version : Truck arm to mono link yay or nay

trackrat79
05-13-2008, 11:28 PM
We had this american iron extream mustang with a three link suspension in the rear come into the shop a couple weeks ago and as I was looking at it I got to thinking. Would having a single mounting/ pivot point be better than the typical two mounting points of a typical truck arm style suspension. Would there be any improvment that could be made from bonding the two truck arm forward ends together and using a single pivot ball mounting point. So I would basicaly end up with a giant triangle wich is preety much what i have now. But instead of having the two forward pivot points that kinda bind against each other I would have one cetrally located pivot point.

And if I did that would the panhard rod or track bad be suficiant to keep the axle centered in the truck. I cant think of the other style of axle centering decvice right now that has a central pivot off of the diff housing and is connected to each side of the chassi.

ks71z28
05-14-2008, 06:48 PM
it is a watts link, and 4x4 jeeps use this type of suspension a lot on the front