PDA

View Full Version : 2inch drop spindles

chevelle71
05-09-2008, 05:29 AM
First off, great site guys! I have a 71 Chevelle SS and last summer I pulled out the suspension and powdercoated all parts and replaced bushing, spring, shocks and all steering parts. After installing the the Hotchkis lowering springs my car sits like a Mustang. Im thinking 2" drop spindles would do the trick and make the stance look great. Whats a good spindle to use? Thanks for the help.

72monteman
05-09-2008, 03:06 PM
If you do a search you will find a lot of posts advising against it, I however had gotten the Fat Man spindles before I found this site and was not happy @ all it dropped the car all right, right on the headers I had no clearance what so ever and they put extreme stress on the upper ball joints. And the bump steer was really bad... I went with the SC&C stage 2 kit and lowering springs it gives a really good stance and all most no bump steer. To really set it off I also recommend the LEE box to tighten everything up. I just did this upgrade last month and can’t stop driving the car because I just love the way it handles.

Apogee
05-09-2008, 03:26 PM
ATS AFX spindles will net you almost an inch of drop, improve your geometry (not just claim to improve it), and are really nice pieces ready to accept C5/C6 front brakes.

Tobin
KORE3