PDA

View Full Version : SC&C UCAs for A-body--how harsh?

GoldHawg
05-01-2008, 10:12 AM
I'm thinking about getting a set of the SC&C UCAs to replace my uppers. Noticing the racing UCAs are $100 cheaper than the hard durometer rubber ($299 vs $399). Anybody have experience w/the race version on the street? How harsh is the ride? how does it compare w/delrin?

Thx for opinions. I need to make a decision fairly quick.

nicks67camaro
05-01-2008, 11:26 AM
I'm running them on my 67' Camaro. I replaced a set of BMR control arms but didn't have the delrin but the ride (my taste) isn't harsh. Talk to Mark (if you havn't already) at SC&C cool dude and will take the time needed. (Like all vendors on this site)

72monteman
05-01-2008, 05:14 PM
I just put them on my Monte and the ride is great, nice and firm but not harsh, I would recommend the stage 2+ kit it makes a world of difference.

Marcus SC&C
05-02-2008, 06:12 AM
There`s no ride quality penalty with the greasable bushings. Bear in mind that the iconic cars for a plush soft ride,the Cadillacs and big Chryslers of the `50s used ALL greasable steel bushings,as did `53-`62 Corvettes,Mustang upper arms until `73 and some Chevy trucks into the `90s. Manufacturers got away from them simply because rubber bushings are much cheaper and don`t need to be held to tight tolerances.
That said we obviously make more money on the more expensive HD rubber bushing arms...so...uh...nevermind what I just said. :doh: :razz: Mark SC&C

GBodyGMachine
05-02-2008, 07:51 AM
I have the solid bushings, they are fine by me. The harshness I would think comes from the springs you run. And Steel Does Not Flex :)

Turbo Rob
05-04-2008, 07:04 AM
I have the solid bushings, they are fine by me. The harshness I would think comes from the springs you run. And Steel Does Not Flex :)

I second that.

70bird
05-04-2008, 09:50 AM
X3 here.
I'll also add that shocks and tire sidewall height will be as much a factor as spring rates.

I'm using Delrin bushings and solid body mounts. Most times you can't feel the difference in ride unless you are driving on an extremly uneven surfaces. That's when I can feel the rigidity of the car, and it feels like there is more vibration transmitted to the steering wheel. In most cases it rides almost as good as stock.

I don't think you will notice much difference with any 1 thing, but all of the changes you make will stack up to the point that you'll feel like your riding in a race car. I wouldn't mind that too much!