PDA

View Full Version : 97 Mod Motor

random_2002
04-30-2008, 07:54 AM
Hello people,
We are sitting on a 97 Mod 4.6. We have the wiring harness but missing one of the coil packs and the brain. The motor is complete otherwise. Was thinking about going with a carb swap from KarKraft till i realized it was for 99 or newer motors. What i am basically wondering is if anyone knows any modifications we can do to this motor to get around 300hp and/or ease the swap into a '56 F100 pick-up. We really like this motor in general and would like to use it. So while we have looked into the idea of just picking up a newer 4.6 thats not really what we'd like to do. So if any Ford guys out there have any ideas on the earlier 4.6 i would love to hear from you.
Frank

random_2002
05-02-2008, 10:27 AM
Ok so we got it worked out. Going to unload the early motor and pick up a crate carb'd mod motor that we found. Like the look and out put as well as the newer design. A good lesson that we should have researched the early motor before we bought it. Live and learn but luckily a pretty inexpensive lesson.

derekf
05-02-2008, 10:34 AM
I'll be the first to admit that I know almost nothing about these motors, but I was surprised to read that there would be any sort of difficulty hitting 300hp with one?

wiedemab
05-02-2008, 11:39 AM
If you want to got the carb route on the motor that you have this MSD ignition controller should work.

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=MSD%2D6011&N=700+115&autoview=sku