PDA

View Full Version : Schwartz Chassis question

BaddestBuick
04-27-2008, 12:45 PM
I want to get a Schwartz performance A-body chassis for my car, I want the handling upgrade and want to fit some big wheels and tires... would i be able to get just the chassis without any suspension parts and bolt it on to my car right away and have it work with the stock stuff it has now? (suspension and all that) and just add on parts when money is available

dhutton
04-27-2008, 03:43 PM
I don't see how the stock suspension could possibly bolt up to this frame:

https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42573

Don

PT Goat
04-27-2008, 04:35 PM
If you could even do it, I think that would defeat the whole purpose....

BaddestBuick
04-27-2008, 07:50 PM
that thread is of a 64-67 A-body chassis... my car is a 1970 skylark same as 68-72 Chevelles/GTO/Cutlass 442 etc..
what i want to do is get the schwartz chassis and get wheels for it and thats all for a while..... then get air ride or coil overs, disc brakes and all that later time

dhutton
04-28-2008, 04:14 AM
Very likely it will the same situation. Why don't you just give Jeff a call?

Don

frankenstang
04-30-2008, 06:19 PM
You can order it without the brakes and shocks/coil-overs. The suspension is all custom made with some off the shelf parts. There is no way possible to use any stock suspension parts on the chassis. If you give Jeff a call, he can discuss options with you. We/he has sold some without the heim joints and ball joints so the customer can purchase at a later date. I do recommend getting the chassis with the suspension so you have at least a rolling chassis to work with. Jeff will let you know what kind of money you will save for now by eliminating certain parts.

jeff s
07-28-2008, 07:05 PM
BTW our Schwartz A body chassis won the 2008 Car Craft Street Machine of the Year competition, which consisted of autocross, braking, and dyno. It was Randy Johnson's 66 Chevelle.