PDA

View Full Version : F Body Front suspension Upgrade path Thoughts Appreciated

XLexusTech
04-27-2008, 10:41 AM
Car: 67 Camaro, Use Street strip, Time attache and Targa racing.

I had my plans pretty much mapped out. Stock Subframe, SC&C uppers Global west lowers ATS tall spindles Front coils with the Landrum adjusters a good Shock set and the Lee Box.

Unfortunatly a wench got thrown into the plan recently when I found my stock Subframe looked a little rattled http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2045998840102100986GOdguE

As you can see it appears that the spring bucket looks like it took a decent hit at one time.
So Plan A) Bite the bullet and by a 6-8k from sub with suspension
Plan B) Get another used Sub and stick with the original plan OR
Plan C) Use my existing frame with Chicane-LM coil over brackets (thus getting around any spring perch issues) and a coil over ATS spindles And the rest of the original plan.

Any feedback and thoughts on the condistion of my existing sub would be greatly appreciated.

MrQuick
04-27-2008, 11:36 AM
I'd square that sucker up and run with it. Theres a frame chart running around here somewhere.

Inspect it real good after a thorough blasting.

Chad-1stGen
04-27-2008, 12:00 PM
depends on your budget IMO. If you can afford it I'd go with a package deal aftermarket but if $$ is tight like it is for most and the frame is savable go that route.

David Pozzi
04-27-2008, 12:08 PM
Measure from the suspension mounting points in an X pattern, it just looks like the lower lip was bent in, if that's all, it's easily fixed and on you go...
David

XLexusTech
04-27-2008, 12:18 PM
David If I understand you correctly measure Right forward lower Control arm mount point to left rear control arm mount and left forward to right rear.

then repeat for the upper arm mount points. Is that correct?