PDA

View Full Version : Front Shocks 68 Camaro - need recommendations

hotrodf1
04-16-2008, 06:43 AM
All,

I have been trying to research which shocks I should put on the front of my Camaro. I currently have the Hotckis front springs, and the 1 1/8" Hotchkis sway bar. Rear end is ladder bars and coilover, panhard, etc.

I know that the revalved Bilsteins that HOtchkis sells would probably be a good match. Haven't seen a lot of feedback on people with them yet, maybe I wasn't searching the right terms, not sure.

I heard the KYB Gas-adjust were a little rough riding? And the KYB GR2 was pretty decent? ANy thoughts on these?

What if I wanted to do a adjustable shock (probably just single is all I can afford). What would a good single adustable unit be? I would still like to be able to adjust the shocks disconnect the sway bar, throw the 15's back on and play a little at the track for fun.

What about Koni's? +'s , -'s???

Sorry for all the questions, I just thought I would see what you guys had to say.

Thanks for any opinions / info!

JustinB
04-16-2008, 11:12 AM
Check out the Alston/Chassisworks Varishocks. Can be had in single or double adjustable. Give Markus at SC&C a call and he will give you all the info you need on shocks.

hotrodf1
04-17-2008, 07:07 AM
Okay, I'll talk to Marcus again. I've been talking with him a little about the Stage1+ kit and all, but I'm sure he wouldn't mind hearing from me yet again.

Thanks for the info.

hotrodf1
04-17-2008, 09:23 AM
Well,

SOunds like the Varishocks single adjustable are getting the nod. Now the wallet much catch up.