PDA

View Full Version : Apex Pro C6 subframe from Jake's Rod Shop

Texas Bob
04-07-2008, 07:14 AM
Did a search and found nothing, so excuse me if this has been covered and just point me to the thread plz. If not, anyone have any experience or heard anything? Is this another show and no go or a thought out (tested) subframe. Looks reputable. Then again, would hate to buy somthing running C6 gear just for the corvette tax.

http://www.jakesrodshop.com/products.html

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2008/04/apexproc6-1.jpg

TitoJones
04-07-2008, 08:29 AM
Great frame. Very well thought out design, excellent geometry figures, and designed in conjunction with our very own Katz.

I've already purchased one for a client/sponsor of this forum.

Tyler

jknight16
04-07-2008, 08:50 AM
That's a pretty solid price too.

MrQuick
04-07-2008, 11:32 AM
If Salt Racer had anything to do with design you can rest assure it was built right. Looks good Jake.

dhutton
04-07-2008, 02:34 PM
Good to see another company posting all the specs. Does that price include the trans crossmember? Do you have to drill the core support and bumper mounting holes?

Don

hotrdblder
04-07-2008, 03:57 PM
Hey guys, been busy getting things in line to produce these frames.
There are core support and bumper mounting holes provided in chassis's. All laser cut.
At this time no tranny crossmember will be provided but there is mounting provisions for factory style trans crossmembers.
We are working with tyler to make his crossmember work in our chassis
All geometry was designed using win geo software as well as solid works to design, alum drop steering arms etc.
Chassis's will come complete minus brakes. Custom splined sway bar, custom tuned bilstein coil overs, non adjustable as base, with adustable as option, custom drop steering arms, 15-1 custom width rack and pinion.
Also have forward down bar, bolt on to provide even more rigidity.
Will be offering a 2nd gen chassis in 90 days with same proven numbers, we have our prototype out at customers now for fitment verification now, if no mods need to be done it will be ready sooner, please fel fre to email or call anytime.
heres the numbers
61.5 track width
will allow 285 tire
.85 neg camber gain per inch of bump
7 degrees caster built in
can go to -3.5 camber static with no spacers

107 instant center
.815 roll center
.004 designed bump out, however manufacturing will vary up to .010.
motion ratio-.774
ask away
katz will chime in too, we are close on a rear susp system also

hotrdblder
04-07-2008, 05:03 PM
We will be at year one experience with a test car, which is a 69 camaro, full cage, 305 rear, 275 front tires, ls6, 500 hp, 6 speed, feel free to come up and ask questions, or ask for a ride.
Jake

Damn True
04-07-2008, 05:07 PM
Thats nice!

...and it comes with everything but the brakes at THAT price?

Damn you Jake!

hotrdblder
04-07-2008, 06:12 PM
maybe i should up the price?? lol
Yes, it comes complete minus brakes and crossmember,non adjustable bilsteins. if your one of the first 10 sold(i got 3 sold), when i have a custom tranny crossmember that will work for 3-4 combos i will send them out free so the customers can have a very functional but eye appealing crossmember. After i have one the price will go up in the area of 200 dollars.
Same goes for 2nd gen chassis, will know more in 1 week, then i will be able to set a manufacture ready date.
Thanks for the interest.

Damn True
04-07-2008, 06:36 PM
maybe i should up the price?? lol

Yes, you should.

.....so I'll stop thinking about it.

Balance_Point
04-07-2008, 06:52 PM
What type of rear suspension are you working on? Will this be a rear clip? Bolt in, weld in? Looking forward to your response.

hotrdblder
04-07-2008, 06:58 PM
it will be weld in, and something no one offers yet, and almost as easy as the g bar

MrQuick
04-07-2008, 08:17 PM
Coming up Jake....pretty nice. Let me know if you need a west coast dealer/installer.