PDA

View Full Version : Need stock spindle measurements

ProBell
04-02-2008, 04:50 PM
I had my spindles magnaflux today. I had one on the car that was cracked and one of my spares was also cracked. I am looking to fill out the this form so I can send it out to see if some one can build a custom spindle that is close to the same geometry.Thanks for the help. Randy

Fabricated Spindle Spec Sheet
Please Print This Worksheet To Provide Us The Correct Specifications For Your Spindle

A = Kingpin Angle ____________B = Offset________________
C = Spindle Drop __________D = Spindle Length ____________
E = Steering Arm Length ______________
F = Steering Arm Drop ________________
G = Ackermann Neg. ________H = Ackermann Pos. _________
I = 2.3125" (2 5/16") Upper And Lower Ball Joints Are The Same (727, 772)

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif

Spindle Snout Type _______________________
Type Of Ball Joint - Upper __________________
Type Of Ball Joint - Lower __________________
Type Of Hubs ______________________________
Rotor Thickness _______________Diameter ______________
Caliper Type - Front ______________ Rear _______________

MrQuick
04-02-2008, 05:09 PM
Curious, what is that going to cost you?

But heres everything you need right here....https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=3746&d=1119060709

ProBell
04-02-2008, 05:38 PM
Regretfully the AFX spindles would not work with my front end design. It was built around stock spindles. As far as I can tell the AFX is a drop spindle. I do not want my car any lower than it is now. I will post a price and place once a get a commitment for some one to build them. I am also hoping to narrow the tread width by 1" to give me more room for the slicks. Thanks for the Help. Randy

MrQuick
04-02-2008, 06:46 PM
How about the ATS stock height version. Sorry, im not being pushy just trying to help.

What type of spindle are you running now? Nevermind I found a picture. Moving the hub closer the kp line by 1/2" might be do able. How bad is it cracked? Can you get good measurments off of the ones you have?