PDA

View Full Version : How to properly lower E Body...

kenmo
04-01-2008, 01:08 PM
I'm looking for an inventory of parts to properly lower my '73 Challenger. I would love to buy an AirRide suspension kit and be done with it but it's just not in my funds right now.

So, adjusting the torsion bars, adjustable upper control arms, and re-arching the back springs going to do it? Guess I should add an alignment to the list too. Not a radical lowering of the car....maybe an inch or two.

Trying to get the right stance for the car before buying some wheels. Any help is appreciated!

Ken

Blaster11
04-01-2008, 01:25 PM
Several Mopar mags did articles a while back on a cheap drop for the rear. What they did was pull the front spring mount off and flip it around and if memory serves got about an inch of drop in the rear. Since the spacing of the studs are different from top to bottom you will have to drill new holes. Check some of the Mopar magazine websites for archives or tech articles. On the front of my Bee I just upgraded T-bars to 1.12's and then cranked them down to where I wanted them, no problems.

Bruce

kenmo
04-02-2008, 06:27 AM
Well your post led me to find some aftermarket spring mounts for the rear that appear to do what you were explaining. They were around $50 so I might opt for them instead of drilling additional holes.

I appreciate the response....if you happen to come across the article send it my way....I searched through several Mopar mag sites and didn't find anything.

Blaster11
04-02-2008, 12:25 PM
I will check my magazine stash and do some searching also.

kenmo
04-02-2008, 12:28 PM
Very much appreciated!!!

Dwbiggs
04-09-2008, 12:14 PM
Did the spring mounts work out?