PDA

View Full Version : Eibach 64-67 A-body spring rate part# 3855.140

64Chevelle
04-01-2008, 12:40 AM
Hi,

anyone here know what spring rate these springs have? Partnumber 3855.140 at the eibach site, 5238 at the Edelbrock site. I have these front and rear as a kit with Edelbrock performer IAS shocks. I'm about to do a huge upgrade on my car and need to decided if I'm going to keep this combination or not.

Marcus SC&C
04-01-2008, 12:14 PM
You`ll hear a lot of different guesses on the rate of Eiback springs. Bottom line is that Eibach won`t say what it is! I`ve tried and tried but they just won`t say. Calculating the rate is a little hit or miss but you can figure the front will be about 535lbs/in and the rear around 135lb/in. Typically they work very well in high performance street cars. Mark SC&C

64Chevelle
04-02-2008, 12:10 AM
Thank you very much! I'm amazed that they won't announce what their spring rates are...

Anyways, I am pretty satisfied with the ride quality and performance of this matched spring/shock set for the street, but I've got a feeling that the spring rate is probably a little low for optimal race track handling. I guess I'll keep these parts for now, although I'd really like to have the adjustability of coil-overs. Money is better spent on the remaining (still stock) suspension, no doubt.