PDA

View Full Version : g-body rear bushings

megaladon6
03-26-2008, 05:34 PM
i know i've asked this before . but i can't find the thread. i remember that people recommended leaving one set of the rear control arm bushings rubber, but which ones?
i know the best way is the new arms with johnny joints, but that won't be happening for a bit. i am presently trying to mount my tubular arms with poly bushings.
thanks, AGAIN.

jackfrost
03-27-2008, 10:48 AM
the axle end of the UCA. it needs to be rubber so that the arms can effectively change length when the axle articulates.

megaladon6
03-27-2008, 12:50 PM
i was hoping that was it.:fingersx:
thanks.:worship:

67goatman455
03-27-2008, 05:34 PM
quick question, is polyurethane at every end, upper and lower ok? i literally just got done installing them.

LS6 Tommy
03-29-2008, 07:26 AM
quick question, is polyurethane at every end, upper and lower ok? i literally just got done installing them.

Poly causes a LOT of bind on a G-body (or any 3 or 4 link) rear suspension. At the very least, a compromise would be to leave the factory rubber bushings in the axle end of the upper arms & the frame end of the lower arms.

Tommy

jackfrost
03-31-2008, 10:11 AM
yep. or else you will want arms with some sort of movable bushing, like Currie's Johnny Joints or spherical heim joints.

i would think a 3-link would be okay w/ poly, because all the links only work in one dimension.

megaladon6
03-31-2008, 01:37 PM
i want to use the currectrac arms but since i got a good price on the arms i have now... plus i still need to do alot of other things to the car. i'm going to replace the necessary bushings with rubber for now, then when i get the front suspension, wheels, spacers, trans, converter, and rear end upgraded i'll get back to the rear suspension.
this is one of those "do what you HAVE to do" projects. as i get money, i upgrage one system, then another so it's really slow! plus it's my first build so the mistakes are being worked out.:hammer: