PDA

View Full Version : 67 Camaro Rear Shocks? QA1,Varishock, Be Cool?

huggero
03-24-2008, 10:55 AM
I am ready for my rear shocks to be installed. Just wanted to know what the best route would be for my application. I am using the hotchkis TVS 1 1/2 inch drop leafs and a moser 12 bolt in the rear. I want to use the single adjustable shocks but confused as to what works the best. I am looking at QA1 stocker stars, Be Cool, And Varishocks. Any input would be appreciated, Thanks

cheapthrillz
03-24-2008, 11:11 AM
I've always heard that the Varishocks are top notch...

ProBell
03-24-2008, 12:08 PM
I run QA-1 on my car. They work well for me. One good thing I can say for them is I broke one just before a event. They were very helpful on trying to tell me how to fix mine, They have a shop in NJ that is a QA-1 dealer that was willing to meet me half way from CT to make sure I made my track day. I chose to just buy a new shock and he over night shipped it and I had it just in time. Thanks to him I made the event.

Randy

Blown353
03-24-2008, 08:20 PM
Varishocks are way above the others mentioned in terms of quality & performance.

SIK02SS
03-27-2008, 03:23 PM
i like my QA1s. havent worked with the varishocks at all

Marcus SC&C
04-01-2008, 12:37 PM
We`ve worked with a LOT of QA1s and ran them for a few years on one of our test cars. They`re usually okay when first installed but they tend to go downhill fast (much like Edelbrock IAS shocks). The adjustments get more random and we`ve sent quite a few back for leaks. Our G5 car had 2 shocks leaking in 13,000 miles. We replaced them with Varishocks when they first came out and they`re still going strong. We`ve had much better luck with them,no bushing failures and very repeatable adjustments. We were impressed enough that we became one of their largest dealers. :twothumbs Mark SC&C

neki67
04-03-2008, 04:15 PM
Gordon Benson (Koni) recently mentioned an alternative:

The rear of a 4th generation Camaro, 8242-1006SP1 (double adjustable for compression and rebound), will bolt on except the lower bolt on the axle is about 14mm in diameter versus the 1/2" one that you have. It is 10mm longer in min and max length as well but I would just check what your ride height is to see if that will be an issue.