PDA

View Full Version : Want to lower my 72 cutlass...

Old'sGuy
03-07-2008, 04:25 PM
but not sure on best method. Was looking at coilover shocks, but would I use 4 or just 2 in front and normal shocks and springs in rear? Or just lowering springs? This is my daily driver, so would like ride to be comfortable as possible. Well Im open to suggestions or comments on what has worked for you.

here is a pic of car currently(parked on slight slope of driveway) but would like a lower stance.

shizzy
03-07-2008, 06:16 PM
what springs are in it right now? it look to be already sitting low. In fact it looks like it sits as low as my 72 Supreme with Hotchkiss springs under it. although sagging original springs wont handle anywhere near as nice as aftermarket springs.

Old'sGuy
03-07-2008, 06:30 PM
its sitting on the orig springs, when on flat land it sits a little lower in the rear than the front.

70 Chevelle
03-07-2008, 07:11 PM
I have a bramd new set of hotchkis rear lowering springs for that car if your interested. I changed my mind and went to air ride.pm me if your interested.

brownz
03-07-2008, 08:11 PM
the 72 was my first car when i was 14 love them great looking car

Old'sGuy
03-08-2008, 12:36 AM
I was looking around at the sponsers and saw SC&C's site and thier varishock. But its Friday night and they are closed on weekends it looks like, so thought I would see if anyone knew about them? Do I need to upgrade my A arms? or will they mount to stock location?

thanks