PDA

View Full Version : The Monte becomes a 'Control Freak'

Tony_SS
03-07-2008, 03:28 PM
Well, time to get serious !!! Just arrived today are my upper and lowers. I'm just taken back by the quality of these. I can run springs or coilovers in them and they are setup to run extra caster/camber as needed. Now, time to get the big brakes and the springs between them!

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif

67 caprice
03-07-2008, 03:51 PM
Very nice. Who made those?

Eric Howell
03-07-2008, 04:02 PM
Do you have a link?

Are they for a tall spindle?

ProdigyCustoms
03-07-2008, 04:30 PM
We sell them. They are priced pretty nice. They are made right here about 10 miles from us.

Tony_SS
03-07-2008, 05:16 PM
Not sure about the tall spindle config. I'm just excited that a company makes these for the G-body where I DONT have to run a tall spindle. And the price wasn't insane. The are made by Blue Moon Motorsports.

ProdigyCustoms
03-07-2008, 05:52 PM
Yeah, no need for a tall spindle in a G body!

Samckitt
03-07-2008, 06:00 PM
Priced pretty nice? What is pretty nice Frank? Do they make them for the taller spindles too?

ProdigyCustoms
03-07-2008, 08:33 PM
I do not have my price sheet, but they are in the $500 upper, $500 lower range or so if memory serves. I do not think they do any tall spindle units.

Tony_SS
03-08-2008, 04:55 AM
Yeah, no need for a tall spindle in a G body!

I was talking about the tall B-body spindle with its bumpsteer, added weight and slowed steering side effects. I know the G-Body spindle geomerty isn't the greatest, but I've got LS1 brakes attached on them and there's no trade off for that.

They run $899 from Blue Moon Motorsports.

Marcus SC&C
03-10-2008, 08:59 AM
Those look nicely made. There truly IS a need for tall spindles (not the ill conceived B swap please),tall ball joints or some type of altered geometry on G bodys though. They actually have worse geometry out of the box than a `64 Malibu,and that`s pretty sad stuff. A arms can alter static alignment but they`re incapable of making any meaningful change in geometry (just what little a new alignment can do). They just connect the dots,so they really don`t DO anything.

If you do what you`ve always done,you`ll get what you always got.

If you were just looking for something that looks cool though,those look like quality pieces and they certainly won`t do any harm. Mark SC&C

GBodyGMachine
03-10-2008, 11:28 AM
Run the tall ball joints, not the tall spindle. People make big brakes for g-body spindles now anyway.

O, and those arms are sexy.

Tony_SS
03-10-2008, 12:16 PM
Guys, I know these arms aren't are going to magically improve the G-body geometry. But the fact is, this was a better route for me to go rather than rebuild the factory stamped ones. And had they not been part of an inside deal, I wouldn't have splurged on them. So I don't want any sponsor feeling like they missed out on a sale or anything. Actually I had considered putting some tall lower ball joints in them, but with what I've read about seating problems and breakage, I decided to stick with the installed ones already in the arms.

Would I like some tall AFX spindles? No doubt. But then I'd need the steering arms, and the C5 brakes. All that's not an option for me, at this time. So I'll run the LS1 brakes on a factory spindle, which I put together for a fraction of the cost of the AFX setup. My car isn't an all out track star or a show queen, it's sure not the best of the best, but it's set up to suit my needs and has come a lot farther than I ever would've imaged. There's always room for improvement, but I'm happy where it's at.

ProdigyCustoms
03-10-2008, 01:59 PM
LOL! We ran a tall balljoint in Michael's Monte, seemed to help. Seems to work well. He has 295s on the front of that car and he has not broken the ball joint yet.

Marcus SC&C
03-10-2008, 03:12 PM
Hey Tony,that`s cool man! Just pointing out some of the finer points for the other folks reading the thread. Sorry, I wasn`t trying to steal your thunder. Those are still good lookin parts. If you ever want to go a little farther give us a call and we can put something together to tweak the parts you already have and make some nice performance gains without breaking the bank. :) Mark SC&C