PDA

View Full Version : 66 mustang

kmracer
01-22-2005, 07:43 PM
ive done some posting here so i though id tell you about my car...
currently
stock everything exept-
-fluidyne rad and scirocco fans with vsc
-rebuilt carb (c&r)

the plans...
- either full global west suspension or rrs coilover fornt and global west rear
- wilwood brakes from gw
- budnik gasser d's with either bfg kdw front and gforce t/a rears or nitto 555rII's with 555r's (cobra r's temp)
- 347stroker kit form chp
- rpm air gap with speed demon 750
- afr or trick flow heads
- pro-magnum 1:6 roller rockers
- 270-280 cam from comp
- cranes fully electronic distributor
- flowmaster exaust with jba headers
- an lines
- corbou seats (cr1)
- full automeater instumentation
- either a aode with tci controler or tko(opinons)
thats all i can think of rite now.... gimme any opinons/ advice you guys have
thanks....kyle

DarkBuddha
01-23-2005, 05:30 PM
Good to see you post about your car. It looks nice in the micro pics and it sounds like you've got some nice plans for it, so I'll only offer MHO on a couple things.

First, consider going with 1.7 rockers... 1.6 is the stock ratio on small block Fords and the extra lift will help performance.

Second, I'd go for the AODE, but that's just me being a bit practical. It really depends on what you want and your driving habits/intentions. If you've already got an automatic, swapping the AODE will be easier than converting to a manual. Then think about how much you'll drive the car... will you drive it in town with lots of stop & go traffic? Do you need to share the car with your significant other? Do you want them possibly ruining your clutch? And if you want to row gears with the AODE, consider that way Shrifter thing...

Cheers.

kmracer
01-23-2005, 07:21 PM
Good to see you post about your car. It looks nice in the micro pics and it sounds like you've got some nice plans for it, so I'll only offer MHO on a couple things.

First, consider going with 1.7 rockers... 1.6 is the stock ratio on small block Fords and the extra lift will help performance.

Second, I'd go for the AODE, but that's just me being a bit practical. It really depends on what you want and your driving habits/intentions. If you've already got an automatic, swapping the AODE will be easier than converting to a manual. Then think about how much you'll drive the car... will you drive it in town with lots of stop & go traffic? Do you need to share the car with your significant other? Do you want them possibly ruining your clutch? And if you want to row gears with the AODE, consider that way Shrifter thing...

Cheers.
sorry about that... the guys at lateral-g said that too haha.....

ya thats what i was thinking about.... im not sure if its worth it.... i like not having to shift when you dont want to but then i could get a shrifter or buttens on the sterring wheel and that would be much more trick than a tko.
also i was wondering what you guys thing about acceleration differances ... auto v.s. manual.... to me an auto would be faster because you dont have to clutch and shift but ive herd manuals have better gearing....

Robuilt
02-27-2005, 10:37 PM
i am far from being an expert but i have had my own experiences that may help you. i have owned two almost-identical mustangs. both 1998 mustang gt's. one with a manual t-45, one with the auto 4R70W tranny.
in stock form, the 5-speed is more fun to drive. A few trips to the local drag strip quickly helped me realize how vulnerable the tranny/clutch really is.

my auto stang was (at first) a bore to drive. after 4.10 fms gears and a transgo shift kit, the fun factor was back. chirping tires in second, head snapping quick shifts at full throttle were awesome. i enjoyed it more plus daily driving was much more bearable.
the car was still a half second slower at the track then the five speed was but anyone with a ''stock headed'' 96-98 gt knew that these cars were far from drag strip warriors to begin with.

just my 2¢