PDA

View Full Version : proper ecm chip

megaladon6
01-02-2008, 06:24 PM
i'm wondering what chip would work best in my car. i have a 383, 9.7:1 d-dish pistons, xe274h-10 cam and vortec heads. i have the stock, computer controlled distributor with a 305ho chip in it. for best performance do i use a high performance 305, a standard 350, or a HP 350 chip? it works well so far but i of course want everything out of it that i can. the computer is hooked to a knock sensor, ECT sensor, MAP sensor and of course the dist. evrything else is disconnected and about to be removed.
thanks for your help.

strangler
01-14-2008, 11:54 AM
If all it is really controlling is timing, I would think they would all have similar curves. If your still using the TBI, I would run the computer that matched the TB and have Affordablefuelinjection.com burn you a chip that can best suit your cam, eliminate unused sensors and match the demands of the better heads.

megaladon6
01-14-2008, 01:15 PM
it's still carbed. people always talk about changing their weights and adjusting the vac advance on a traditional distributor so i figure the electronic one is a bit behind. especially on a curve intended for an emissions 305.