PDA

View Full Version : New Twist Machine product! Prostyle shift sticks

MuscleRodz
12-17-2007, 12:32 PM
Musclerodz is proud to introduce the newest product from Twist Machine and has received the first pieces available to the public! Any of you that already has Twist Machine parts already know the quality of their products. I feel honored to be chosen to make this press release below. Thanks Steve!

Here’s the latest addition to Twist Machine’s ProStyle™ line of
billet accessories. Introducing “Reach Adjustable” shifter sticks
for manual transmissions. The design improves ergonomics and adds a
unique style. Mount the stick in any of five fore/aft positions using
the included inserts. Fine tuning shifter ball placement will help
ensure that you never miss another shift! Furthermore, the
adjustability may help you gain clearance to consoles. Shifter to
console clearance is a common problem with today’s popular
transmission swaps. ProStyle™ Shifter Sticks fit all factory and
aftermarket stub style manual transmission shifters with .875”-.
900” bolt spacing.
CNC machined from 6061-T6 aluminum, ProStyle™ Shifter Sticks are
styled to match Twist Machine’s other billet accessories such as
core support bars, cowl induction trim plates, and more. Used
together, these parts help you carry a distinctive ball mill and
slotted styling theme throughout your car. More matching accessories
are under development.
ProStyle™ reach adjustable shifter sticks come with 3/8”, 8mm and
10mm hardware plus two multi position inserts.
Non-adjustable versions are also available for use with Hurst
Competition style shifters that have “U” shaped stubs. Choose 8”
straight or 10” bent. Pricing is $115 (straight) and $130 (bent).
Don’t settle for stock, ill-fitting shifter sticks. ProStyle™
sticks look awesome, and work great.

Link to pix:
http://web.mac.com/streetfytr/iWeb/TwistMachineLLC/Sticks.html

****MODS PLEASE DELETE OTHER THREAD*****
<!-- / message --><!-- attachments -->

67rsssls
12-17-2007, 07:02 PM
Sweet! Now if I can just get my seat mounted I will know which one I need.:razz:

BMF Machine
12-18-2007, 04:42 PM
Nice work Steve, I saw the V-8 TV interview; As always a class act!

MuscleRodz
12-20-2007, 01:40 PM
More pics

speedster
12-20-2007, 01:42 PM
Those look really slick. Nice design Steevo...

Damn True
12-20-2007, 02:59 PM
Very cool!

Steve Chryssos
12-20-2007, 03:22 PM
Thanks guys. Also posted the following on Lateral-g

We built these sticks for the following reasons:

Ergonomics Part 1: Mulvey's 69 pace car (shown in the photos) has a T56 which came with a 4th gen "dogleg style" shifter. The front/rear offset to this stick placed second gear very close to the middle of the driver's thigh (The shifter is up his ass we often joked) The original plan was to just build a straight stick. Then the reach adjustable feature came to mind as a means of letting the driver fine tune stick position for the best possible reach in all gears. Different driver/seat/transmission combinations demand more than just one stick position.
Ergonomics Part 2: The Shifter ball was inspired by the split ball design on the 2009 Camaro Concept. From there, we tried an elongated version that feels incredible. It fits snugly in the area created by the heel of your hand and the back side of the knuckles on your two middle fingers. Once you row your first gear with this ball design, you will be hooked.
Console Clearance: In addition to the reach adjustable feature, the bent stick version features a longer bottom section that helps clear factory consoles when used in conjunction with a modern 5 and 6 speed overdrive transmission swaps.
Strength: Sticks are machined from 6061-T6 aluminum. Black oxide coated socket head cap screws are included in three sizes: 3/8", 8mm and 10mm
Style: Last but not least, the shifter sticks are a perfect match for our other available ProStyle™ accessories such as core support bars. More accessories will be added shortly to help you carry a common styling theme throughout your modern muscle car. Next up are gauge rings. Slick little pieces that snap over most Auto Meter gauges and share the ProStyle™ theme.

There you have it. A simple, often overlooked part that has been hyper-engineered into a cool looking, functional solution. We're having fun designing and producing this stuff. I hope you all enjoy it. Thanks for looking.
/Steevo

streetrod77
01-02-2008, 11:48 AM
It looks like it will fit my Hurst short shifter for my T5. I guess I need to look into it. Thanks for the headsup.

MuscleRodz
01-02-2008, 12:20 PM
I now have them listed in my online store and in stock.

Mike

deuce
01-16-2008, 07:48 PM
got my shifter handle yesterday ......damn that is a nice piece , worth every penny i spent

67ragtp
01-23-2008, 09:47 AM
Is there a matching boot bezel and leather or vynal boot available for the shifter handle?

Thanks Rich

MuscleRodz
01-23-2008, 09:52 AM
Is there a matching boot bezel and leather or vynal boot available for the shifter handle?

Thanks RichThere is a boot planned, don't know about a bezel.

MCMLXIX
02-09-2008, 04:53 PM
I have a T56 for my Chevelle but I couldn't imagine grabbing a metal shift knob after being parked at work all day in the hot Vegas sun ... My hand would melt to the shifter .... Can you machine replacement ends out of Black or White Delrin?? Maybe carbon fiber?:drive:

got_hp?
02-13-2008, 01:24 PM
imagine grabbing a metal shift knob after being parked at work all day in the hot Vegas sun ...

hehe, mine is metal now, except its the wonderful florida sun........on hot days when i get in the car i just grab and shift using the shaft between the boot and the knob to avoid palm-burning heat damage