PDA

View Full Version : Covans dash panel?

blown69nova
08-18-2004, 02:15 PM
Hi everyone, new guy here (member anyway!)
I would like to know what the covan dash owners think of them. Are they of good quality,do they have the same texture, fit and finish as stock GM? Any help would be appreciated.
By the way, mine would be going into a 69 Nova.

Thanks, Steve

ZZ430
08-18-2004, 04:21 PM
Welcome Steve.

I recently put one in a 69 Camaro.

The finish is ok, but I'm not crazy about it.....it just looks too much like ABS plastic...which is no surprise considering that's what it's made of. I also thought the price was on the high side. The fit was ok too, just a little tweaking was needed.

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif

blown69nova
08-18-2004, 08:00 PM
Thanks for the pic, and the info. The reason I'm asking is, when I was at the RT66 super chevy there was a camaro with a dash I thought had too much texture or something- it looked cheap! I was wondering if it was the covans. Has anyone seen or heard a price on the DSE Nova dash?
Thanks, Steve

awr68
08-18-2004, 08:24 PM
I have the 6 gauge dash insert in my 68 camaro and the fit was excelent. The finish is smooth and will be painted to match the rest of the dash...I think it is a great product for the price, although it is a little more flexable than the stock insert, but once installed that doesn't really matter. I bough the gauges and wire harness from Covan at the same time during our group purchase last year and saved quite a bit...if you decide to buy one, mention this site and he may give you a discount too!!

Woody
08-19-2004, 01:58 PM
Hi everyone, new guy here (member anyway!)
I would like to know what the covan dash owners think of them. Are they of good quality,do they have the same texture, fit and finish as stock GM? Any help would be appreciated.
By the way, mine would be going into a 69 Nova.

Thanks, Steve

I just finished installing one in my '68 Camaro and am fairly pleased. The texture is not as smooth as the original dash, but blends in pretty good. The fit was also pretty good but did require a bit of bending to get it installed. The wiring provided with the kit was done well and connects nicely into the factory wiring harness.

CliffS
08-24-2004, 01:20 PM
I liked the one for my second gen, tied fit and enlarged the holes to get the 5" gauges in.https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif

67 455 Bird ragtop
08-25-2004, 07:35 PM
HAs anyone installed one of their center panels ina 67-8 F-body?? Would love to see a pic and any helpful installation info.

Steve1968LS2
08-26-2004, 07:30 AM
I didn't like thier textured finish so I sent it back and they sent me the smooth finish.. then I painted it to match the dash :)

Overall im pretty happy with it although (knowing what I know now) I would have gotten the DSE dash since its easier to customize..

My Covans dash:
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif

69bigblock
09-09-2004, 12:34 PM
This is my covan dash on my 69 nova...