PDA

View Full Version : jacobs electronics

Takid455
10-17-2007, 10:18 AM
anybody use jacobs electronics ingitioon systems? good, bad, ok... what kind of results?

aggressive male
10-17-2007, 06:27 PM
I have a HEI cap rotor and wires. With the wires they give you your supposed to be able to open the spark plug gap slightly more. I have not had a problem with them. At the time I bought them I was also thinking about getting the ignition box too but when I see all the better boxes you can get these days it makes me glad I didn't.

astroracer
10-18-2007, 02:50 AM
I've been running their Pro-Street ignition box, coil and wires on my truck for 7 years with no problems at all. I did see a mileage increase after the install.
Mark

GetMore
10-18-2007, 06:39 PM
I have one sitting in my garage. I've even got the coil.
I don't remember what model it is though.

MonzaRacer
10-20-2007, 05:10 PM
I used to use thier wires and loved them, I have a Jacobs spark plug gapper and I love it.
doc Jacobs invented the idea of Ion Sensing (using the spark plug to sence the resistance accross the plug gap just before the spark) back in the 60s or 70s andthis technology is now used by GM ,Ford, and others. Very cool idea too.
and yes they have some awesome equipment also check out the ICE ingnition too (http://www.iceignition.com/), I love being different when it comes to parts I run. you see 500 racers with MSD but then a real good runner has all Mallory and it blows people away when they forgetthat that was one of the largest ign companies for years, also most dont know but Echlin performaceline from NAPA turned into Accel.
I loved the Jacobs wires a 6 or ft long wire with ike 25 ohms resistance and no engine noise!