PDA

View Full Version : Camcojb- Is there a thread with details on your TT build?

ZX10R
08-18-2004, 10:35 AM
The orange car you are currently building, I see the pics on your website, but wanted some more details on the car/build itself, do you have a thread here listing the details already? If not, do you mind giving some? My next project will be very similiar, just wondering....thanks and car looks great

camcojb
08-18-2004, 11:44 AM
I will be upgrading the site a bunch in the next week or so, but my shopping list is mostly done if you want to know what parts I'm using. Let me know, glad to help.

Jody

ZX10R
08-18-2004, 11:51 AM
thanks....

what rear tires you running? size wheels?

what rear modifications did you do to fit them?

Hit any snags?

What rear suspension are you running?

Did you use an aftermarket front clip to run bigger meats up front? If so, what?

What tranny are you going to run?

camcojb
08-18-2004, 12:01 PM
thanks....

what rear tires you running? size wheels?

335/30-18 Michelins with 18X12" Fikse wheels (6.75" b.s.)

what rear modifications did you do to fit them?

DSE mini-tub, and a narrowed rear end...56.687" flange to flange

Hit any snags?

yes, one of my wheel tubs was 1" narrower than the other side and the wheel/tire wouldn't fit. Replaced the 1/4's with nos pieces and problem solved!

What rear suspension are you running?

I'm using DSE 3" dropped springs and their Koni valved shocks. Del-a-lum bushings at one end of the springs. Currie rear with aluminum center section, nodular third member with tru trac diff.

Did you use an aftermarket front clip to run bigger meats up front? If so, what?

No went the DSE way again with their a-arms, and coil over kit with Koni shocks, their valving. Also DSE bushings and a hollow Hotchkiss 1 1/8" front sway bar

What tranny are you going to run?

T56, prepped a la Mule

After talking to Kyle at length and knowing that he and Stielow have gone very fast on tracks with a fairly simple combo of parts like mine, I figured it would be just fine for me.

Jody

B Schein
08-18-2004, 01:49 PM
Are you going to get the fancy Vanquish gears like Charley did.

Brian

camcojb
08-18-2004, 01:52 PM
Are you going to get the fancy Vanquish gears like Charley did.

Brian

Lost you on that one! Had to get ahold of Charley. He reminded me of the gear change Mark made. I'm waiting on info from Mark this evening, and then I'll know more.

Jody

XcYZ
08-18-2004, 06:38 PM
Shopping almost done? Hmmmm....

B Schein
08-18-2004, 07:07 PM
I am preaty sure Charley told me that the fith/sixth gear set was From an Aston Martin Vanquish or whatever Aston Martin uses the t56.

camcojb
08-18-2004, 07:18 PM
Scott,

I've got more bought than what's left to buy, if that means anything! I've got all the big ticket items here, but you know how the small stuff will eat you up.

Jody

camcojb
08-18-2004, 07:20 PM
I am preaty sure Charlie told me that the fith/sixth gear set was From an Aston Martin Vanquish or whatever Aston Martin uses the t56.

You are correct. Fifth and sixth use different gears than normal with much less drop between gears. I will probably opt for the same. Got the info from Mark Stielow through Charley tonight so I'll be sending my T56 out for mods.

Jody

B Schein
08-18-2004, 07:51 PM
Are you get all the other parts they put into the mules trany I Thought Charley said some of them were still prototypes that were still in testing. What ever Mark has done with that transmition is truly impressive to hold up to the power that the mule now produces with its new motor.

camcojb
08-18-2004, 08:09 PM
Are you get all the other parts they put into the mules trany I Thought Charley said some of them were still prototypes that were still in testing. What ever Mark has done with that transmition is truly impressive to hold up to the power that the mule now produces with its new motor.

I'm gonna try! Mark didn't think there was an issue with getting mine modded the same, or at least didn't say there was.

Jody

XcYZ
08-19-2004, 04:38 AM
Well, Jody, you know where I'm going. lol

G-Force Transmissions will do that for you. Of course, it isn't cheap by any means.

http://www.g-forcetransmissions.com/tran_gt-56.asp

camcojb
08-19-2004, 06:08 AM
My 2004R guru just told me about a manual trans guy here in town I'm going to talk to first. Mark used D&D for his mods, so I'll be making some calls to decide which way to go.

Thanks Scott!

Jody

ZX10R
08-19-2004, 11:46 AM
PM sent Camcojb :drive: