PDA

View Full Version : Revolutionairy V-Tec system for traditonal pontiac v 8

Roadrage David
09-13-2007, 02:58 AM
take a look at this!! http://www.vari-lift.com/ i bought nr 4 of the 4 sets now in the world. one system whent to Hot Rod magazine one to the edelbrock company one to a pontiac engine builder and one set to me to test out hard. i have been askt to be there test engeneer and bring out data when im useing this system. i have a clean brand new 461 stroker pontiac engine with 550 hp, witch i will test and later do a rear wheel dyno, then change to a sollid roller and this system. trying to get the same vacume i have now and post the diferens in hp torque rpm ecetera..with this system you dont only save up lots of fuel but save internal parts and you can have a massif increase in hp without loosing streetabilety . being able to go with a 20* larger cam.... note this sytem requires edelbrock heads, and a sollid roler cam.................

JMarsa
09-13-2007, 06:33 PM
Very cool. This is the first I've seen it. I think this needs to be moved to the main forum.

--JMarsa

Jagarang
09-17-2007, 04:47 AM
Hey Dave.

That sounds neat. Is your 461 a stock block or something more exotic? Did you modify or re-enforce your lifter valley? A 20* larger cam with what sort of lobe separation? The stock lifter valley is typically whats going to fail first, if it's not doctored. I'm interested, just in case this system works, for my own engine. I need to know what I'd need to do to make it work. My 455 is currently not re-enforced in any way.

Roadrage David
09-17-2007, 09:29 AM
Kevin stock 400/455 blocks in contrary what everybody sais can take 700 hp(no mods done greg miller is running 10.4 sec in the 1/4 mile same engine diferend manifold and cam and rokkers 625/650 hp).. depending who mashined and preped the engine. i have a C.V.M.S aka MR-Pbody 461 stroker with eagle kit srp pistons 6.8 forged h beams 3/4 groove bearings. 310cfm edebrock heads with 2.19 1.77 valves comp cam xe 284 cam with magnum lifters and 1.65 magnum rollertip rockers torkerII manifold milowdon windage tray and milllowdon pan. engine puts out 550 hp 577 lbs feet of torque. all i need to do is do is drive it around some , then shassic dyno it messur vacume and power band. then swap out the cam for a sollid roller cam with sollid lifters. (no need for oil restrictors and install this system), with a 20 degree larger cam and go have some serius fun.. in lower lift mode it wil save apr 15% fuel ad a overdrive with it and save another 20/30% fuel now that got to be the grinn factor with todays fuel prices. not to mention lesser engine wear. i have enoughf vacume to drive it around annywhere , but getting more hp out of the ecsisting combo meens loosing streetabilety fuel economy ecetera. i whant and my minor goal is 625 hp . with the same street manners as my engine hase now. it wil sound like a beeft up stokker... ofcours you can go wild big time with the big ci afthermarked blocks and more ported edel heads. and the engine in lower lift mode will stil sound very resirved with plenty vacume haveing 700/800 hp................. the website sais it all the system comes test proven for 180 min with sitchs up and down mode done every second. a instruction magazine showing and telling you everything you need till the most smallest detail. very nice piece of engeneering nothing automotife i ever saw from pontiac parts comes even close to it...........

Chad-1stGen
09-17-2007, 10:08 PM
When are you going to complete the comparison? I don't even own a Pontiac and am just curious :)

Roadrage David
09-18-2007, 08:54 AM
it will take months to compleat the car with the new ecsisting engine. afther some serius road work we wil take the top of and instal the system, so my gues is in the spring..

KagA152
11-02-2007, 07:24 PM
oo, thats pretty cool. makes me want to build a turbo poncho motor for my car

hectore3
11-03-2007, 03:33 AM
The question is why a Pontiac and not a Chevy or Ford first? As a disclaimer I have a Pontiac 428 myself. Good luck to you and I hope it turns out well enough so I can try it out.

Roadrage David
11-05-2007, 01:53 AM
The question is why a Pontiac and not a Chevy or Ford first? As a disclaimer I have a Pontiac 428 myself. Good luck to you and I hope it turns out well enough so I can try it out. Wel to awnser your question. this guy is a tottal pontiac freak(like me) and a inventor with his own company. this is a ecsclusif system not a mass production thing!!.... im going to get a sec system for my necst project 1969 GTO Voodoo Spartan!!!. witch will be a 200 mile per hour pump gas ""daily"" driver...im not sure if it will be big bore short stroke ore big bore long stroke ore that it will be NA ore blown. im leaning towards NA. the edelbrock heads are limited to 375 cfm flow. the new tiger heads and the coming canted valve heads from roland raceing flow 400 cfm out of the box. buti like the idea of haveing 800 hp and drive in smooth daily trafic!!..

ill steez
11-06-2007, 12:15 PM
I can definently respect that he is doing this out of passion for something he cares about rather than making money out of it.... but i mean... if it turns out to work well, and functions reliably... there are probably a lot of people who would want this for their (much more common) chevy or ford... which could probably make him a lot of money, particularly if he sold the design to edelbrock or some other interested company...

Roadrage David
11-06-2007, 01:47 PM
I can definently respect that he is doing this out of passion for something he cares about rather than making money out of it.... but i mean... if it turns out to work well, and functions reliably... there are probably a lot of people who would want this for their (much more common) chevy or ford... which could probably make him a lot of money, particularly if he sold the design to edelbrock or some other interested company..... Wel funny you mentiond it .. Edelbrock sended the system back and said ""they where not intrested:spank2: ""(probely because they didnt invent it!!!) and it dusend fit there market stratergy!!!!can you belive that, taking in acound that there heads are now along with 4 other new aluminium heads some with better combustion camber disighn and with 400 cfm out of the box capasety while the edel heads have a max of 375cfm i thingk they are missing something big on this one:pat: .as it would give there heads a ecstra tool to be cometitife in sirten areas........... Hotrod magazine is intrested in a special to be published. and yes chevy and ford is where the money is, but as it iz this man invested 5 years of his life and a LOT of money in it. he hase 15 years of patern left. and is not going to do it again.., everybody that actualy seen the system with there own eyes and i showed it to some of the best engines builders and mecanical engeneers all say the same that it is a work of art...

ill steez
11-06-2007, 06:37 PM
Well I mean Edelbrock is definently not the only company out there that I would attempt talking too... Tell him to look into arao.

I dunno, personally I feel like it would be a favor to himself to take this to the next level and really try selling the idea to some people, because I think it really is a great idea. And if he doesn't want to, tell him I'll take it :ssst:

6'9"Witha69
11-06-2007, 06:40 PM
What about Comp, Isky, Lunati, etc. I am sure that if it is as incredible as it sounds it would be wirth something ($) to them. Maybe even GM.

Hidro
11-06-2007, 08:09 PM
Isnt this the same effect as variable duration lifters?:dunno:
It would definately help emissions for cars that are still tested.

Roadrage David
11-06-2007, 09:54 PM
STEEZ your right , but the system only fits on the edelbrock heads. im not sure he whants to sell his idea !!!. so far so he hase a small amound of systems in stock . i dont thingk he is looking for a vendor in the usa!!!!..altho his biggest market is ofcours the USA. im not sure if this is the way to go , but its his baby.. i just orderd the custom sollid roller grind for the system and the needed ecstra remote oil filter and rev limiter needed, the goal right now is to jump up 80 to 100 hp, so from 550 to 625/650 and have the same vacume and street manners as the engine hase now.engine is a 461 stroker 10.1 comp .
all this will stop the dutch poncho pro-touring competiton( NOT) in its tracks .
Nick i gues the above awnsers your question as wel. Hidro the variable duration lifters(roads lifters) are a far cry from this baby, its a diferense between the first built volkswagen and the latest up to date porshe. it not onlyhase a variable lifter system (1.18 ratio lower lift mode under 3000rpm /1.67 lift ratio above 3000 rpm) but the lower lift mode uses 3.5 hp less internal friction witch results in massife reduceing in engine wear and 15% fuel saving, while at the same time your vacume and road manners improve in sutch a way that it behaves like a 20 degree smaller cam ,

now if you would go UP with a 20 degree larger cam your fuel consumtion engine vacume ecetera wil stay the same as your previus cam , witch is what im planning to do , so i jump up 80 to 100 hp but stil have my street manners.
550 hp with a 461 pontiac stroker is the limit driving around on the street like a ""normal car"" in traffic with 10.1 comp and 85cc cumbustion chambers , this system gives me the abilety to do the same with 650 hp......... as for reduceing emissions i havend given that any thought but i gues your right, when a car is in lower lift mode ..... in any case you can make a street car out of a mild race car and a mild race car out of a street car lol.............ofcour when we go to bigger cubes with the afthermarked blocks building a 535 ore 545 ci engine and the edel heads are ported to there max cfm then you could do the same thing, but with a lot more hp!!!!!!!!!!! driveing around NA with 800 hp with very streateble manners with no turbo,s and blowers who are more prown to failyer and mutch more sensitife is a very nice option................

ill steez
11-07-2007, 08:10 AM
It doesn't really matter that he made them just for edelbrock heads, or just pontiacs right now... this is just a proof of concept. If a big name company is interested in th technology, then I'm sure they will pay some mechanical engineers to implement the design in different applications.

and yea, in all seriousness he should contact COMP or ARAO. I think those two would be the best bet.

Widetracker
12-07-2007, 02:20 PM
I haven't read all the way through this new product, but conceptually it sounds very similiar to these:

www.hotrocker.com

Hot Rod magazine did a piece on them when they came out a few years ago. The website has remained unchanged since 2002. I emailed the guy about Pontiac availability and never did hear anything back. It sounds like us Pontiac guys may get this technology anyway.

Roadrage David
12-18-2007, 01:07 AM
wel to compeare the above system differens to the vari lift system is compareing a volkswagen with a porshe . but yes the pontiac guys got it !!!!!!

justasquid
01-05-2008, 01:08 AM
I'm really not trying to sound like a jerk here. So, please don't take it that way.

But if your friend really wants to get taken seriously, he should have someone proof read his website and make some changes. There are countless errors in spelling and in the proper use of words. One sentence actually starts out with "It don`t was possible to test it". I am not an expert on the english language. In fact, I mess up all the time. But, when the average person such as myself can pick up on this, just imagine what a high level executive is thinking.

Again, just trying to help, no offense intended.

Roadrage David
01-07-2008, 03:01 AM
No ofence taken .. first of he,s not mij frind. sec ,countrys like austria germany swiss and france bearly speak english . even de hollywood movies and forein comursials are syngronozed witch meens the origenal speatch is replaced bij the country langish. bearly if non english teaching at school , so considering that i think he did a hell of a job. iven without the teckst on the site , one can see that this is no joker invention nor some back yard work. i personaly think that the layout of the website is very good to say the least.......

justasquid
01-07-2008, 06:37 PM
I agree, he did do a hell of job. thats kind of why I suggested the website to be read through by a proofreader.. I'd hate to see him loose out opportunity for a simple fix. Its really hard to get anyone to back you with a product and any little detail can make or break to deal.

I oppologize for confusing him with a friend of yours. I'm not sure where I got that from... :hmm:

megaladon6
01-07-2008, 08:18 PM
actually the website reads like it was written in german and then put through a translator.
the system looks very nice. the best part about it, to me, is that it's simple. the hotrocker has too much crap in it. links, ECMs, operating rods, gear motors, that's alot of stuff to have break! this just needs proper oil pressure. hopefully w/in the next few years they will branch out to chevy motors and i can afford it.

Roadrage David
01-08-2008, 12:32 AM
wel my english is bad as wel and often written like i would do it in dutch , and im dislectic as wel !!!. but im sure most of the time they understand what i mean.
its tru that the system looks simple, but it took him 5 years to get to that stage!!!! realizing that , and the way its made , its not that simple anymore considering the fackt that GM with all its engeneers never invented this .
as it iz he will not divelop it for Ford ore Chevy . he said that if he had to do it all over again he would not have done it... within a couple of months my car engine combo will be the first to drive around on the streets with the system ...

EFI69Cam
01-08-2008, 12:25 PM
http://www.cranecams.com/?show=article&id=9

Hi Intensity Hydraulic Lifters (formerly Fast Bleed)

Been around since since dirt was new.

Roadrage David
01-08-2008, 01:39 PM
whats your point??

EFI69Cam
01-08-2008, 03:08 PM
whats your point??

Don't see the difference between these rockers and variable duration lifters.

Roadrage David
01-09-2008, 12:45 AM
well what can i say "īm sorry you cant see it"

68Formula
01-09-2008, 11:43 AM
http://www.cranecams.com/?show=article&id=9

Hi Intensity Hydraulic Lifters (formerly Fast Bleed)

Been around since since dirt was new.

Tried them, they work about as good as dirt.

Roadrage David
01-09-2008, 02:06 PM
Fast bleeding lifters and ore roads lifters are a patch for a wrong street engine combo!, to compensate nothing more.......

65protourgto
01-21-2008, 10:41 PM
I applaud you for you efforts these are a interesting product. You just might have me interested in your product for my next pontiac engine build. I think this just might be a hot ticket for making a streetable high lift pontiac. I wish I knew about this when I built my 462.

Roadrage David
01-21-2008, 11:46 PM
wel you got edelbrock heads so you could do it . i just got in my custom sollid roller XE grind and the lifters for the change to this system for my own 461 stroker getting 600 total streetable hp. its not my product bij the way , but i see good engeneering when it comes by . and i reconized the tottal streetabilety for high hp NA engines .
haveing said that it will work with blown engines as wel . to me its another step forward for the injun engine . its saving fuel (15/20% in lower lift mode) it reduces engine wear due to 3.5 hp lesser parasitic loss on the engine/ valve train componends , and it gives more low rpm torque, giving a mutch wider power band . its a win win situation . ad injection to it and your in the fore frond of tech. with the aftermarket blocks we have today we are only limited to the max cfm flow of the edelhead for the street, a 545 ci NA 800 hp engine witch is tottaly streetable sounding prety mild under 3000 rpm is posible . your competition will never know what hit them when you put your foot down. on the cirquit track it would be nice as wel .

terryr
02-21-2008, 04:12 PM
It's a neat idea, but you also need a fuel system that could adapt to the sudden change in lift.

linkstar69
03-19-2008, 08:57 PM
Good to see that there are still people out there that are not happy to accept just how things are and engineer ways to have the best of both worlds.
I think the person who called them simple probably meant "pure" we all can tell from the site that they're not simple but they certainly seem to be designed to work as efficiently as possible with out a lot of redundant mechanisms.
I agree hotrockers are like chalk and cheese compared to these.
Amazing gear, makes me wish my engine was a pontiac and I'm a mopar guy.

Roadrage David
03-21-2008, 03:47 AM
Linkstar69 you must be umongst the smartest people out there hahahaha. people think the end of the traditional american v8 divelopmend reatchst its peak, this system proves that nothing could be feurther then the truth. the system can and wil save up to 15/20% of fuel in lower lift mode with the same performance. tests have alredy proven that. put a 4 ore 5 speed overdrive with it an a compcam sollid roller XE cam with it and you save up iven more!!!! old fasion perfromance modern gas mileige. also due to the lower lift mode you lenghten the durabilety of your valve train componends... my instalation hase a delay of a couple of months, but it will be done this summer...

silver69camaro
03-21-2008, 08:42 AM
Tried them, they work about as good as dirt.

I second that. David Vizard says the same.

opnwide
05-22-2008, 01:50 PM
Oh... I didn't even notice that English wasn't his primary language. Imagine how bad the site would've been if I had done it in Espanol:)

Wander
09-09-2008, 11:21 PM
David has dropped off the vari-lift kit to me yesterday.
It looks realy nice and clean in real live, can't hardly wait to build it on.

Wander.