PDA

View Full Version : Can't post quote in reply ?

rob07002
01-05-2005, 01:53 PM
I can't post a quote when I goto reply to a thread. The little box on the bottom left won't check off when I click it. What am I doing wrong.

HEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLP:hmm:

Bill Howell
01-05-2005, 02:58 PM
I can't post a quote when I goto reply to a thread. The little box on the bottom left won't check off when I click it.

Like that?
I can not believe I am answering a computer question but here goes.Please note this is probably bass ackwards but it works for me. Click on "quote" at the bottom right instead of "reply on left.That will start you off with the whole quote, then simply erase the unwanted or unneeded info,move below quote and make your regular reply.

Matt@RFR
01-05-2005, 03:59 PM
I can't post a quote when I goto reply to a thread. The little box on the bottom left won't check off when I click it. What am I doing wrong.

HEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLP

Or if you want to have several quotes, even from different people's posts, click reply, then scroll down until you see the text you want to quote, highlight it, right click, copy, then go back up to your message. On the far right of all the message controls (font stuff, link button, etc) there's a little button that looks like some text on a tablet. Click that, right click and paste the text you just copied.

Like that?

I have to say, though, that you're definetely in trouble when two NON computer guys try to help. :)

TonyL
01-05-2005, 05:17 PM
can't post a quote

there's also the bracket method.

just surround the text you want quoted as follows{quote}the text{/quote}

replace {} with []