PDA

View Full Version : The scary part is that it's gotten 16 bids..

Steve1968LS2
08-09-2007, 03:58 PM
:hammer:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Custom-1972-Oldsmobile-Cutlass_W0QQitemZ120148365270QQihZ002QQcategoryZ64 05QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Why? Why do people do these things to what could be a cool car..

67SSDan
08-09-2007, 04:01 PM
It's that derty south yo!

Yeah... I don't get it either.

70TWO NOVA
08-09-2007, 04:03 PM
Its a "DONK", Im tellin you guys this is the next BIG thing!....You just watch! :hah:

LS1NOVA
08-09-2007, 04:06 PM
Donky dinkmiesters suck!

70TWO NOVA
08-09-2007, 04:07 PM
Donky dinkmiesters suck!
Seriously!

Samckitt
08-09-2007, 04:09 PM
That is the stupidist thing I have ever seen.

Chebaa442
08-09-2007, 04:15 PM
I Think I'm gonna be Sick:barf:

6'9"Witha69
08-09-2007, 04:39 PM
Someone had attention issues as a child.

73z-6sp
08-09-2007, 04:44 PM
Did you guys see the episode of power block on spike where Courtney had one of those in her "shop" and was talking it up? I just don't get it. Its ugly, has to be about as fun to drive as a broken tricycle and its just plain stupid looking!

Project69
08-09-2007, 04:44 PM
My question is whats with people advertising food? Were i live theres a Cheetos caprice on 23's, a Kool aid cutlass on 20's, and (my favortie) captin crunch malibu on 36's lol

TonyL
08-09-2007, 05:03 PM
um. Take a closer look at the ads. Like the one in the back seat..

He's not advertising "food" at all.

Jims78elky
08-09-2007, 05:09 PM
"All I need is a tasty wave.. cool buzz..and iam fine"

lol..:hah:

-Jim

baz67
08-09-2007, 05:22 PM
What is even more stupid is people are bidding on a POS that is advertised with two year old pics.

mac71ss
08-09-2007, 05:37 PM
There is a guy around town here that has like a 80 el camino. Super slick and super sharp but he set it up like that. Just kills it for me! That car would be so sweet with headers 2 inches from the ground rollin on 17's or 18's.

trapin
08-09-2007, 05:40 PM
Mostly I'm very open-minded when it comes to new trends and build styles in this hobby. But this is one where I hope someone drives a stake into it's heart quickly.

Me no like deez cars.

69TAPoser
08-09-2007, 05:44 PM
But he has to sale it even though he hates to sale it. That explains everything.

Phil

baz67
08-09-2007, 05:52 PM
But he has to sale it even though he hates to sale it. That explains everything.

Phil

You really expect that someone that butcher a car like that would be able to use the English language in an effective manor?

WS6
08-09-2007, 06:03 PM
Actually, the ad is pretty well written for being ebay

NOPANTS-68
08-09-2007, 08:14 PM
I'd like to buy it just to see my neighbor's face when it got delivered.

Poor Olds. I'd almost rather see it rotting somewhere.

novanutcase
08-09-2007, 09:25 PM
You really expect that someone that butcher a car like that would be able to use the English language in an effective manor?

LOL!!!:lmao:

John

MrQuick
08-09-2007, 09:56 PM
:hammer:

Why? Why do people do these things to what could be a cool car..

scary yes but the funny thing is you were bidder 6 weren't you? LOL

Mr.VENGEANCE
08-09-2007, 10:09 PM
God i hate rap music...

Gordz32
08-09-2007, 10:41 PM
No comment! I won't say what I think b/c it might offend some.

Damn True
08-09-2007, 10:44 PM
A horrific metalflake paintjob or ugly airbrushed mural can be sanded off of a car. My fear is that in doing THAT to what could be a very nice car has completely ruined it. When the fad dies these things will see the same fate as the lowered mini-truck.

MrQuick
08-09-2007, 10:52 PM
A horrific metalflake paintjob or ugly airbrushed mural can be sanded off of a car. My fear is that in doing THAT to what could be a very nice car has completely ruined it. When the fad dies these things will see the same fate as the lowered mini-truck.

Damn you...:hah: I miss my lanadu topped Mazda b2000 with the suicide doors.

Damn True
08-09-2007, 10:56 PM
You were the guy?

bringing back the donk funnies:

https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29099&highlight=donk

406 Q-ship
08-09-2007, 11:10 PM
Let us all bow our heads in simpathy to a piece of rolling American Iron, ruin by yet another fad crazed rap listening "ute".....what a waste

TonyL
08-09-2007, 11:30 PM

hey! whoa there! Mini trucks are among the most seriously modified and most beautifuly done art in the customising scene. Mini trucks haven't gone anywhere. It's once again a thriving segment, especially in Japan. (and you know what that means here.)

we're building a "rat rod" one for my son. Kinda like this, but out of an 84 Isuzu P'up.

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif

But the traditional "show truck" has gone to a whole new level of custom. these people aren't kidding around. For example.

This is the future of street rodding. These guys regulary channel, chop and shave EVERYTHING. And they are going to be the best in the world at it soon. Like them or not Minis are here to stay.

Steve1968LS2
08-10-2007, 06:32 AM
scary yes but the funny thing is you were bidder 6 weren't you? LOL

Actually I was thinking of a Cutlass for the next PHR project car.. hmmmm

"Project Lazuras"

70TWO NOVA
08-10-2007, 07:11 AM
Actually I was thinking of a Cutlass for the next PHR project car.. hmmmm

"Project Lazuras"
Do it!!

roadracer55
08-10-2007, 07:24 AM
I don't understand this at all. Why is it lifted? I must be getting old..

79_GBody
08-10-2007, 07:56 AM
What ever happened to to each his own...this is pretty pointless to continue to talk about. Donks have been around for quite some time now and I'm just wondering whats the big deal. Its no differen't than you wanting to put 17's or 18's on your car and lower it, or somebody putting air bags on a truck meant for off roading. Go to a restoration forum full of old men and see how they feel about fuel injection, and even 18's being to big. Not bitching or anything, I just think its pointless...Its customizing a vehicle the way you want it to make you happy, not to make everyone else happy. To be honest what you're doing is giving the cars even more attention then they already get because you can go to all forums and see a debate and pics of Donks...

Mr.VENGEANCE
08-10-2007, 08:06 AM
Its no differen't than you wanting to put 17's or 18's on your car and lower it.

WAT!?

putting on 17/18s and lowering your car greatly improves its performance capabilities.. and putting 24s and lifting does absolutly NOTHING. just visual.. or maybe being able to see above the suv in front of you.

...btw, you know you ARE in the Pro-touring forum right?

79_GBody
08-10-2007, 08:37 AM
Yeah I do know that, the point I was trying to make is that its someone else's car and thats the way they wanted it to be, not the way we wanted it to be. I don't like it myself but I can respect it because he/she made their car the way they wanted it to be.

Mr.VENGEANCE
08-10-2007, 08:40 AM
that i agree with you 100%

the wheel thing took me off guard.
and the old aholes that get pissed about modifications "even tasteful ones" i agree too.. but here at PT we do our own dance..

79_GBody
08-10-2007, 08:50 AM
Yeah I'm a member at a few other forums too and the majority of arguements are all about either big wheels or swapping from carbs to fuel injection. I just don't understand how someone can have a problem with the way somebody spent/wasted their money.

Mr.VENGEANCE
08-10-2007, 09:07 AM
Meh, forget it, they just mad because its a car they like.. or want.

as long as you have the one you want to build forget the rest.

its like women, i like them all, but i cant save them all. I can only afford one. some are going to have bad boyfriends/husbands that will mistreat them. and i cant afford all of them.

and the one that this thread is about is owned by Ike Turner..

see where im coming from?

Magntik
08-10-2007, 09:16 AM
SICK & WRONG!!

Is that even safe? Let alone legal?
I think Iowa has a law about the height of the rear bumper being so high off the ground. After the magic number, it's considered off-road vehicle or something and you are ticketed!

Benoit23
08-10-2007, 09:55 AM
Meh, forget it, they just mad because its a car they like.. or want.

as long as you have the one you want to build forget the rest.

its like women, i like them all, but i cant save them all. I can only afford one. some are going to have bad boyfriends/husbands that will mistreat them. and i cant afford all of them.

and the one that this thread is about is owned by Ike Turner..

see where im coming from?

You both have good points but, that Ike Turner line was a knock-out....lol....

I can't beleive the "Donk" trend has any followers but, like said before in this thread "to each it's own".

EFI69Cam
08-10-2007, 10:30 AM
Between the "ads" the color and the loud "system" he's probably "sale-ing" it because of getting pulled over all the time.

Stupid is as stupid does.

twosaturns
08-10-2007, 11:06 AM
yes, Effective Manor, where the Effective family lives, right?
I don't understand the manner in which you refer to this manor.

j/k, anyway, it's another one of those things that's different, from a different culture I'm not part of. I also don't understand bouncy-bounce lowriders, or lowered Escalades, for that matter. I also don't understand guys that still put deep dish keystones and hi-jackers on their Camaro, or swapping out the TPI for a carb, or shag carpet package trays, or pro street, or airbrushed murals, or park bench sized wings, or...

Benoit23
08-10-2007, 02:20 PM
j/k, anyway, it's another one of those things that's different, from a different culture I'm not part of. I also don't understand bouncy-bounce lowriders, or lowered Escalades, for that matter. I also don't understand guys that still put deep dish keystones and hi-jackers on their Camaro, or swapping out the TPI for a carb, or shag carpet package trays, or pro street, or airbrushed murals, or park bench sized wings, or...

I know this is the "Pro-Touring" forum but, come one, you can't even compare the DONK trend to Pro-Street.

larknut
08-10-2007, 08:38 PM
C'mon, nobody likes the vinyl floor covering?

MrQuick
08-10-2007, 10:21 PM
I know this is the "Pro-Touring" forum but, come one, you can't even compare the DONK trend to Pro-Street.

Sure you can...its a style that some people love and most people hate. Eventually you look back and giggle. Its car related so we should ALL be able to relate to being different. :grouphug:

Vinyl covering...I love it, as a matter of fact 3 of my cars have it. :injured:

68Formula
08-10-2007, 10:25 PM

I do. Both are the ruination of a perfectly good car. :slap: I had to live through that era. Never liked them, never will. The all-time low of that area was when Dobbertin built a V6 FWD Pro-Street. Here it is in case you think I'm kidding:
http://www.dobbertinhydrocar.com/Grand%20Am%20Exterior.htm

MonzaRacer
08-11-2007, 07:22 AM
Ok well if your old enough to have given OR gotten a Stomper car when young this is the look now.
I used to have caddilac and a lincoln I think and it was way down and on big wheels like 17/18. WAY before even prostreet was a fad.
My Monza is gonna be a twist between hot rod and pro touring.
I am gonna get it running with a freshened 350 for now then rebuild an all forged 283 for serious power and maybe a turbo or supercharger.

Johnny Blaze
08-11-2007, 10:06 AM
I like the fact that it has a high doller stereo set up in the trunk, but no trunk lock cylinder, just pop it open with a screw driver and grab what you want!

Johnny Blaze
08-11-2007, 10:07 AM
Its got a friggin straight axle front end!!!!!

Gasser!

RobM
08-11-2007, 11:03 AM
wouldnt take much to make it a gasser.. its half way there

EFI69Cam
08-11-2007, 11:30 AM
yes, Effective Manor, where the Effective family lives, right?
I don't understand the manner in which you refer to this manor.

This is classic. No offense to Baz.

greygoose006
08-14-2007, 05:03 PM
i'd give him $500 for it, or ask that he return the suspension to its original state, then sell it to me for a reasonable price

Benoit23
08-15-2007, 09:41 AM
Sure you can...its a style that some people love and most people hate. Eventually you look back and giggle. Its car related so we should ALL be able to relate to being different. :grouphug:

Pro-Street cars are built for a certain purpose, which is the sport of Drag Racing. They are designed to be a high performance Drag Street Cars. I am a big fan of the all out street legal drag cars (i.e. Hot Rod Magazine's Pump Gas Drags & Drag Week) & I come from a drag racing family so, I guess that makes me bias. I would think that a good % of the people on this forum are Drag Racing fans but, maybe I'm wrong.

DONKS have no performance value what so ever. It's just, what is the BIGest wheel I can afford? & Do whatever it takes to make them fit.

Posi12Bolt
08-21-2007, 11:25 PM
i'd give him $500 for it, or ask that he return the suspension to its original state, then sell it to me for a reasonable price

NO NO NO!

you would have to ask him to "SALE" it to you!! :headbang:

yo yo yo ... in a few months I'll have my very own "DONK" available for your viewing pleasure! lol

I'm building mine strictly for a profit though... these things bring good money out here... and the:hah: "durty durty" south!