PDA

View Full Version : Anyone in here running an Art Morrison AME front clip?

Mr.VENGEANCE
08-05-2007, 02:01 PM
Im looking into getting one and got a couple of ?s for those who have that setup..

-- I already have wilwood 13 inc big brakes will they work on the clip? or do i have to buy all new brakes?

-- I have brand new QA1 adjustable coilovers, will they work with the setup?

-- And lastly whats the widest front tire it can accept?
if by chance you know someone running 18s of 19s up front in thier widest id like to run the proper backspacing. and i can probably change my order if i knew what it was..

I already hit up Craig but i wanted to know from someone with the clip.. especially if you have a 67 68 Camaro..

thanks for the help guys..

J2speedandcustom
08-05-2007, 02:34 PM
Im looking into getting one and got a couple of ?s for those who have that setup..

-- I already have wilwood 13 inc big brakes will they work on the clip? or do i have to buy all new brakes?

if by chance you know someone running 18s of 19s up front in thier widest id like to run the proper backspacing. and i can probably change my order if i knew what it was..

I already hit up Craig but i wanted to know from someone with the clip.. especially if you have a 67 68 Camaro..

Do your brakes fit Corvette spindles?

What length are the coilovers? Craig should be able to tell you if they will work.

A 10" wheel with a 6.125" or more offset will be needed.

ProdigyCustoms
08-05-2007, 02:40 PM

Since we are doing a 68 right now with a AME frame. And since we have sold these, I thought I could answer these questions

No, the front spindle on the AME frame use Corvette spindles / hubs, so they need brakes for Corvette. There are no parts in your kit that will cross over. But since your kit is new, and since you have the hook up, you can sell your kit and get the correct kit from us.

No, the AME frame will use a true coil over front shock

275s, maybe 285s!

I think you can change your order, LOL! I can help you with backspacing

ProdigyCustoms
08-05-2007, 02:41 PM
LOL, posting at the same time!

Mr.VENGEANCE
08-06-2007, 06:27 AM
thanks frank!

well 2 of my questions have been answered.. anyone running the frame?

i figured it was a popular peice!