PDA

View Full Version : I need pics of an Airbar or G-bar..

ITLBTU
07-06-2007, 06:40 PM
I need pics of an Airbar or G-bar mounting location on top where the pinion snubber is removed. Does the tube get mounted on that shelf where the pinion snubber was, or right behind it up against it?

Steve Chryssos
07-07-2007, 03:57 AM
Your thinking is correct For a Camaro the upper cradle just gets pushed as far forward as it will go til it touches. Install the lower links and the rear and drop some plumb bobs down from the upper cradle to make sure it is square with the rest of the suspension. I'll try to post a pic.

Steve Chryssos
07-08-2007, 06:36 AM
Here you go. Sorry for the delay.
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif

ITLBTU
07-08-2007, 07:32 AM
Thanks Steve,

Do you have any pics of how the brakets are attached to the rear housing as well? I'm having a heck of a time trying to get them mounted. They don't fit the tubes very well.

Steve Chryssos
07-08-2007, 12:23 PM
I'll try to find one, but I doubt that a picture will do you any good. We have already trimmed the excess off the brackets. We experienced the same problem. Not really a problem--more of a Rubik's Cube type puzzle. Air Ride should mark each side of the brackets and describe orientation based on the labels. Left, Right, Inner, Outer, blah, blah. Grab a sharpie and label each side of each bracket A, B, C, D,...H. That will save you some redundancy.

They truly only fit one way, so you'll know when you find the right combination of inner/outer and left right and then say "Duh..". Be sure to adjust the upper links to the proper length. The prescribed dimension as outlined in the instructions will give you adequate adjustment range in both directions--not that you'll really need it, but right is right. The large radius of the tabs compensate for the angled orientation of the brackets. There will still be some excess that you can trim later. Don't try to weld the big gap of the unused ends. Trim em.

Our car is off being painted, so I'll try to find a pic from my stash. And we ordered a pile of oval tubing parts from Spin Tech to build an Air Ride friendly full exhaust. Since you can really slam these cars, a full exhaust with tailpipes takes a bit more forethought. I'll post pix and part numbers as soon as possible.

ITLBTU
07-10-2007, 01:38 PM
I ended up making a couple bolt on brackets that look like the pic attached. I then welded uo the brackets to the bolt-on bracket. I had them all tacked on and somehow the rearend shifted over when I was setting the pinion angle. The bolt on bracket will cure that problem, and then when all is set and bolted tight, I will put a couple tack weld on it to keep it from spinning. Just a quick thought on the setup... It doesn't look like there is much anti-squat unless the car is real low, and the lower arms are shimmed lower as well. The top link goes up in the front.:confused:

http://www.ubmachine.com/pics/parts/46-0211.jpg