PDA

View Full Version : tubular a- arm question

55chevyman
06-23-2007, 12:23 PM
getting ready to start the suspension on my 55 chevy and was wondering should i fork out the money for tubular arms. are they worth it? just get uppers, lowers, both, none?
what do yall think:dunno:

MonzaRacer
06-23-2007, 03:04 PM
Wasnt you asking about Air Ride? If so look at the Strong Arms from Air Ride Technologies. strong, good looking and it allows the install of CoolRide or ShockWaves with little or no problems.

Marcus SC&C
06-27-2007, 06:09 AM
Tubular lower arms aren`t going to do much for you unless you`re going to an Air or coil over system and then only for their specialized mounting. They`re no inherent performance gain. Neither is their any gain in going with tubular upper A arms IF they`re simply tubular copies of stock arms (which many for tri 5s are) because they do exactly what the stock arms do. Do what`d you`ve always done and you`ll get what you always got. They just look different. Now if you can find arms that help you attain a more modern alignment you`ll be making some headway. A little - camber and a lot more + caster really makes these cars drive nice and handle better. I don`t know None of the usual suspects make arms like that AFAIK,well except for us. :) If you want to really make an improvement you can tweak the geometry too and get some more - camber gain and raise the roll center slightly to shorten the front moment arm and reduce body roll etc. The bumpsteer can also be greatly improved. Overall these cars actually have better factory geometry than most muscle cars but it can still be improved upon quite a bit. We have two Street Comp kits for them to do that or you can just get the adj. tubular arms and benefit from a modern performance alignment, better bushings and weight savings. Mark SC&C

BBPanel
06-27-2007, 07:13 PM
... The bumpsteer can also be greatly improved. Overall these cars actually have better factory geometry than most muscle cars but it can still be improved upon quite a bit. We have two Street Comp kits for them to do that or you can just get the adj. tubular arms and benefit from a modern performance alignment, better bushings and weight savings. Mark SC&C I don't see a specific package for a 55 shoebox that you refer to - is it not listed on your website? -Bob

Nevermind - found it on another page.