PDA

View Full Version : Best Place to Buy Interior Parts for 1st Gen Camaros

Tim_in_NC
12-24-2004, 08:02 AM
Hi all,

I've gone through my project car and determined what I need to replace and what I don't. Now I'm trying to locate very reliable repo shops for Interior parts... Cover Kits, Trim, Dash Pieces, Center Consoles, etc...

You guys have any favorite for Price and Quality out there... websites, etc... I'd like to give 'em a call and get some catalogs on the way...

Thanks all,
TIM

jay web
12-24-2004, 08:20 AM
try classic muscle, (a division of Modern Chevrolet) out of Winston salem, NC.the # is 1.800.722.4828. They handle 67-81 camaros, trucks, chevelles, among others. I have gotten lots of stuff from them with good results as far as quality and price.

Tim_in_NC
12-24-2004, 10:42 AM
Thanks for the info... Nice to see they're in North Carolina...

TIM

Bill Howell
12-24-2004, 12:36 PM
I got mine from Rick's first gen
I think they are in Athens,Ga.
I think you will find most all this stuff comes from same folks so get best price unless you are building a concours resto.

dhardison
12-24-2004, 01:36 PM
I second the motion for Classic Muscle. They're always friendly on the phone and their products are top-notch.

Dan

MangeMD
12-24-2004, 10:04 PM
www.mattsclassicbowties.com

Great prices, nice products, and excellent service. Classic is nice too. I have ordered from several different places, and Matt's is my favorite thus far.

boodlefoof
12-25-2004, 05:49 PM
I'll throw a second for Rick's First Gen Camaro. I've done lots of business with them and never had any problems. They are good people.

in2protour
12-28-2004, 12:01 PM
Another vote for Rick's First Gen. Customer service is excellent. Rick's also give a 5% discount over $500 purchases and 10% for $1000 purchases. I tried to order everything at once but there's always something that you'll forget to order.

Tim_in_NC
12-28-2004, 12:15 PM
They all sounds like great locations...

That 10% off $1000 sounds nice...

Thanks guys for all of the great responses...

TIM

studehdtp53
02-25-2005, 04:27 AM
Most all of the parts dealers have that 10% discount. Just ask them. Most of them buy from the same parts suppliers. I have bought several thousands of dollars of parts from several of them. Double charged at Rick's on an item and it was like talking to a Martian in explaining and trying to get it resolved. It was an under 50.00 dollar item and I had spent much more than that. Classic Industries and NPD have been very good. Like I said, almost all the parts are from the same supplier and when I had a problem with some dash repro items and tried a different dealer for the same part, the problem was identical to the first part, problem with the molding die, instrument bezel warped out of shape. And forget the GM Goodmark-- "fits and looks like orginal" statement on the parts boxes! I bought a Goodmark fender only to pull it off and repair the orginal one and reinstall it, the "new one" is setting back on the shelf. Same with some other items.

63SW
02-26-2005, 09:32 AM
I've bought form most of the suppliers at one time or another and found NPD to be VERY reliable and HELPFULL and only had a FEW incedents where i got shorted or had a problem and was NO PROBLEM taking care of it or making it right asap.

NPD also has a number of stores , NC , Mich , and 2 or 3 others i believe.
THEY ALSO have a policy of any orders ove $300 , its FREE SHIPPING except where OVERSIZED ot Truck freight is involved .

You can order direct from ads in the mags from places like PUI Interiors or ACC carpets as well but you might pay a little more directly.

Ive ordered over $1500 worth from NPD in the last 2 weeks and will continue to use them .

JC