PDA

View Full Version : composite rear leaf?

Jeremy
06-06-2007, 08:39 PM
For those running rear composite leafs, what shocks are you running with them? I am planning on them by the end of the year, but have a chance to free up some money for new rear shocks. I figured I would probably go with Varishocks to match the front but wondered if I would need the doubles like I did on front.

From your experiences, is traditional valving for leaf springs pretty close to where I can save some money with the single adjustables or should I get the doubles?

Is this overkill and will my Edelbrocks work okay with the composite leaf?

silver69camaro
06-18-2007, 05:06 AM
I'm running Strange single adjustables, and I would recommend them. I've found they require stiffer valving than steel springs, but I don't really see the need for double adjustable shocks.

Jeremy
06-18-2007, 09:07 AM
Good to hear some feedback. I just picked up some 150 pound composites. I will probably see how they do with the Edelbocks to start since that is what I have.

I was hoping that singles would work, although I was a bit worried since there was no way I was going to get the front to work without doubles. I have such a split between valving that I was afraid the rear was going to need the same.

If I go with single adjustables I will go with Varishock since that is what I have on front. Hopefully the new springs will be hear by Friday and I'll see how things go.

Damn True
06-18-2007, 09:55 AM
https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18924&highlight=fiberglass