PDA

View Full Version : QA1 Sources

Jim68nC
06-01-2007, 11:15 AM
So I've been side tracked with various things for awhile now and haven't frequented as much as I'd like. The '68 has been sitting with no real progress for sometime and I happened across a '73 Camaro LT that I just couldn't pass up. I was planning on it for a fun driver to hold me over 'till I can find the time to get back to the '68 (lol). So, I picked it up in PA last month (an ebay score). Drove it for a couple weeks to work and have been very happy with purchase. But of course it needed a little tweaking. So, I order up a QA1 coil over kit (GMP3350-3) among other things (Baer 13", poly bushings, Boyd 17" Smoothies etc...you know just some mild tune-up parts).
Anyway, I placed my order on 4/25 for the QA1's from a vendor that I think used to be on here. Problem is I haven't heard from them since nor received the parts. Numerous phone calls w/vm left, emails and Paypal dispute and still nothing - no word.
I've since moved on and replaced tie rods, center link and what not. Still waiting (now I need the front end alignment of course). So, last w/e I yank the motor/trans for a swap with one I had on the stand from the '68. That will be in this w/e to complete my tune-up I imagine.
Question, how long do I wait to hear something before ordering the QA1's from someone else? Better yet, who can get me the kit quick and reasonable? I am having Camaro withdrawls already - hehehe.
What came of customer service anyway? Oh and smack me for being so stupid so as to have choosen to do business with someone like this.
Ok, thanks I needed to vent.
/jim:drive2:

rob07002
06-01-2007, 12:05 PM
Has your CC been charged? If not then tell them to block payment and move on. If it has dispute through CC.

I know you said PayPal but you can use a CC through them.

Check with Frank at Prodigy Customs www.gpsuperstore.com

He carries most go-fast goodies and usually can get anything else.

ProdigyCustoms
06-01-2007, 03:09 PM
Thanks Rob,

We have QA1, we can get them right out at a great deal.

four zero seven 832 1752

Jim68nC
06-01-2007, 06:19 PM
Its been drafted from my bank account through PayPal already (on 4/25). I've got a dispute open through them. I would move on if I knew they wern't going to show up tomorrow or whenever. The supplier isn't talking. I'm fairly certain I'll get my money back if not the parts. Basically I am stuck not knowing though.

Thanks Frank, I got a pair for my '68 from you if memory serves. Would you agree that a simple drop ship should be a fairly straight forward in stock item for them (QA1)....IOW I should of had them with no issue by now? I ask because I see Summit has a ship by date of 6/10 for the same item. (I don't think they did back in April when I ordered from the alternate supplier [this is not Summit btw]).

It was a pleasure doing business with you in the past and I should have again; but you knew that....:banghead:

On a good note, this is the toy/driver I scored....

ProdigyCustoms
06-01-2007, 08:01 PM
Looks killer. Keep your dispute going. Yes a drop ship should be easy, but sometimes they take some time. But that should not stop anyone from communicating.

Jim68nC
07-08-2007, 07:07 AM
Hey, I just wanted to drop a note to say thanks to Frank and Lisa for helping me with the QA1's and let you know that I think the decision for spring rate was perfect for my application. (GMP-31) It rides very well and easliy attains any height I would ever want of course.
As always unbeatable customer service.
Here's a shot at what I ended up with for that ride....

Some more shots over here if interested:

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2680638/1

ProdigyCustoms
07-08-2007, 10:08 AM
Hey man, no problem, just glad we could save you from a bad situation. I thought you would like the spring rate choice. Thanks for the kind words and congratualtions on riding again.