PDA

View Full Version : Speedway Motors A-arms?

4birdman
05-30-2007, 06:13 AM
I was looking at these A-arms and they look pretty nice, but was wondering about the quality. I know they don't have bump-stop provisions and all, but my car will not be driven much and will be hitting auto-x events mostly. I've heard that on a hard launch sometimes they will bottom out and bend the tubing. My car will be lowered 2" and not drag raced much, so I don't think I have to worry much. I've talked to a friend who uses them on their drag cars and he likes them a lot.

What about the road course, though? You think these will hold up ok?

Marcus SC&C
05-30-2007, 10:06 AM
They`re okay for their intended purpose,circle track. There are a lot of arms out there like these. They`re cheap so teams can buy a bunch of them in different length/offsets to try different setups and to have on hand as replacements when they hit the wall or each other or both... They`re basically BIC arms. Run em till they wear out or you bend em then toss em in the scrap pile and throw another set on. The trick on a street car is getting the right length and offset in the first place and getting a set where the "bushings" (actually just part of the arm) fits well enough not to vibrate or rattle.
Our adj. arms are also flat in profile with no bumpstop but we recomend them only with taller spindles or ball joints and or lowering springs for proper frame clearance in droop. This gives them enough arm/frame clearance to get full droop travel and have no clearance issues. We still recomend travel limiting straps or cables for drag cars. The same would apply to the Speedway arms. Mark SC&C

4birdman
05-30-2007, 10:29 AM
Well, I ended up buying a set of the 9.25" ones, which is the stock length. I'll see how they work, and if I break them I'll just buy some better ones. I need to get this car rolling again and the funds allowed me to buy the Speedway ones, but that was pretty much it.