PDA

View Full Version : Looking for member in/near San Diego, CA

atomicjoe23
03-15-2007, 11:29 AM
Guys,

I moved to San Diego, CA last year and I would like to see how many Pro-Touring guys and gals are around me (maybe even get together sometime. . .who knows). I'm interested to hear what kind of stuff is going on in the area that I may not have heard about. I got to go to both the Coronado Speed Fest last year and the DelMar Goodguys show as well. . .I enjoyed both of them and I'll be going to both again this year (I also plan on going to see the CORR Off-Road racing series in Chula Vista in June and Septmeber this year and hopefully the MotoGP race at Laguna Seca next year). Are there any other local events (in San Diego county) that are worth going to? and do any of the San Diego members get together on a regular basis? I don't have my car out here, but I should by the end of this year or the beginning of '08. . .you can read about my project '67 Firebird (and see renderings done by ProblemChild Kustoms) in the Project Updates section. . .look for Project: Tomahawk.

Thanks everybody!

aonghus
03-18-2007, 06:12 PM
There are a few people out in this neck of the woods. The Camaro Club of SD puts on a show every september, but unless you like STOCK first gens, they'll put you to sleep faster than grandma's cough syrup.
I think they meet at a Marie Calenders or Boll Weevil up in Clairemont.

I'm in Point Loma, PM me if you want to come check out my car sometime. I'd love to see that Aprilla.

Cody

Belair0357
01-10-2008, 02:05 PM
Hey Guys,

I havent been in the cruise scene in forever (oil pump went out in my 57 two years ago), and Im itchin to find a group down in SD that isnt snobby or uptight about my age.

Back home in Palmdale, a lot of the older rodders would give me **** for being so young.. but w/e.

I might be 22 but I am a die-hard bowtie freak.

Let me know if anyone in SD needs help on their projects. Im always down to help a fellow car nut out.

I am over by SDSU.

I have my 67 Camaro down here in my garage up on stands while I do some bodywork but my 57 should be coming down very soon.

Take care and drive safe,

Steven Norris
[email protected]
661-478-6757

Relax428
01-23-2008, 10:34 AM
Hey guys

I am up in Oceanside and I am putting a 68 Bird together. SO if your ever coming up to north county shoot me a pm.

Brad

recklessnova
03-19-2008, 08:53 AM
cruzin grand up in escondito (sp) is a good time usualy im in iraq right now but http://www.socalcarculture.com/ should give you some more ideas
there is also a free to enter car show at a bq place just west of esco on the 78 its i think the last or first sunday of the month
josh

bkeith65
04-17-2008, 06:32 PM
Hey you guys...I live in Cardiff..bout 5 miles N of Del Mar..would love to get together..my 68 camaro is undergoing suspension and brake upgrades in the garage as we speak..hoping to be back together by May and then resume cruising...there are cars parked around dusk on 101 in Encinitas on Thursdays here pretty soon..I'll try to hollerout when I see them getting together..shoot me a message and maybe we can set something up once a month or so..

Brian

67 ls1 vert
05-23-2008, 10:45 PM
Hey! Just saw this post. I have a 67 camaro. Im in Ramona, just north of San Diego. Working on my car doing my own full sub frame, brakes, hydroboost, LS1 w/KB blower, mini tub, floor pan, etc... Like to meet up with a few of you guys someday. I'm about a month out from a finished car. :drool:

DomeSTic Disturbance
07-05-2008, 05:30 PM
well, i guess im the odd man out with the blue oval. im in virginia right now, but ill be back in the oceanside area in september.