PDA

View Full Version : Need a Kent Moore tool, help please

John S
03-11-2007, 08:06 AM
I need a Kent Moore tool, pn J- 29192. This is the large socket used to remove the nut on a hydro boost mounting plate. It's a 4 sided nut about 1-1/8".
I've searched everywhere I could think of without any luck, their website sux, OTC does not carry this particulat tool and there are none listed on Ebay or Craigs list.
Doeas anyone know where you can actually buy kent Moore tools? I'm going to call a Snap On dealer that I know tomorrow bt other then that I'm not sure where to look.

68LSS1
03-12-2007, 01:12 AM
1-800-468-6657 (1-800-GM TOOLS). Option 4, then option 1. Over $100 a couple years ago. I'd just get a similar sized socket and grind it to fit. Works for similar sockets for motorcycle forks anyway. Good luck.

Edit: I just found a picture and can see that grinding one won't work. You might check the local Jeep/4 wheel drive clubs or post on their forums. A lot of them use hydro boost units from the salvage yards and may have a socket or a piece of pipe all ready fabricated for this purpose. Might send a email/PM to Paul at Hydratech too. He is a member here and a great guy to deal with (I bought a hydroboost unit from him).

John S
03-12-2007, 02:06 AM
Thanks for the response Brian, I heard on another board that this tool is over $100 as well. Thats a lot of money for what it is. The good news is that I found one mixed in with a batch of Kent Moore tools on ebay so maybe I can score it there. I am going to double check with the number you posted as well. maybe the price dropped.

John S
03-13-2007, 05:03 AM
I got lucky, I won an ebay auction that included this and about 7 other Kent Moore tools for $20.

Damn True
03-13-2007, 07:18 AM
I knew a guy named Kent Moore in the Coast Guard. He was a tool.