PDA

View Full Version : Sometimes car won't start help me narrow down things to check.

whytry
02-14-2007, 05:07 PM
Just like the title says, sometimes when I go to start the car I put the key in the ignition and I go to start it I get nothing, but then I put the key in ignition again and turn it to on without starting and I have dash lights, headlights, voltage on the gauge and then go to start and nothing, everything goes dead, dash lights go out, headlights turn off, etc. The only things that still work are what I have running on relays direct to the battery on a switch (fuel pump, electric fan, and water pump) everything else is dead.

I go under the hood pull the main fuse (used to be a fusable link, but body shop screwed up awhile ago and now it is a 80 amp fuse), wait for 10 seconds, plug the fuse back in and headlights turn back on, radio turns on, and I try to start it and it starts right up.... Really wierd, and I am trying to think of what it could be. Suggestions? I was thinking ignition switch grounding out or something?

THX guys