PDA

View Full Version : Need Your help guys

72Z/28
12-19-2006, 10:04 AM
I have installed a becool radiator on my 72 camaro, There is a small adjustable T shape valve(not sure what is called ?) on the bottom corner of the radiator on the driver side. I attached a picture of it just to know what I am talking about.

I noticed some coolant fluid leakage on the plastic piece on which the radiator sets. The leak was right below that valve.

My question is this:

Is this a pressure relief valve?

There was some noise coming right where this valve is located.

I really appreciate your assistance guys

thanks

dhardison
12-19-2006, 10:12 AM
That valve is a drain. It screws clockwise to open the valve ("t" will go "in" toward the radiator) and counter-ccw to close the valve. Maybe it's not closed 100%.

72Z/28
12-19-2006, 02:00 PM
That valve is a drain. It screws clockwise to open the valve ("t" will go "in" toward the radiator) and counter-ccw to close the valve. Maybe it's not closed 100%.

Thanks for info dhardiston.
But I guess you have got it the other way around, because I went back and unscrewed it counter clock wise;however it started to drain the fluid. screwing it clockwise (going in towards the radiator) will close the valve.

I hope that would take care of the leak because it is a new radiator, which should not leak.