PDA

View Full Version : Tranny Leak Help

kman67rsss
09-20-2006, 03:03 PM
Hey guys heres the problem. i have been chasing a tranny leak on my TH400. I have it down to the filler tube. I have tried RTV, still leaks, i re O-Ringed it last night with an o ring that looked about the rigt size. seemwd to fit well. test drove it today and look under it an hour later and sure enough its still leaking. im looking for suggestions and the correct size o-ring to use, have a huge kit alredy. im supposed to go racing this friday and or weekend but not with a tranny leak. Thanks for the help

Madspeed
09-20-2006, 07:50 PM
You will not find the oring in an asortment
You HAVE to goto a trans parts store and get the correct oring
it is a little thicker than a standard oring
Clean the crap out of the tube and trans, remove every speck of silicone install the new oring and use trans gell or vasaline and slip it in and you should be good to go

another way you can do it is to get a Lokar stanless flexible dipstick setup.

Bad Bowtie
09-20-2006, 08:14 PM
:twothumbs Lokar dipstick

kman67rsss
09-21-2006, 06:11 PM
Thanks for the input. I talked to the tranny man and he is getting me an o-ring. Hopefully this will fix the problem for good.

raptor0443
10-03-2006, 08:10 PM
you can't hardly ever get these things to seal!!!!!!! having the same problem

patriot68
10-04-2006, 12:15 AM
tube might be out of round

kman67rsss
10-06-2006, 05:11 PM
Im in the process of installing a new lokar dip stick. hopefully it will work as i want to race it sunday in the camaro firebird challenge at New England Dragway. I think part of the problem was i got a cheep tube from summit. havent really looked at it to see about out of round but it wouldnt surprise me.