PDA

View Full Version : Cog belt setup

Zefhix
11-07-2004, 04:51 PM
I know alot of people ask about alternatives to v-belts and serpntine setups all the time so I thought I would post this. Although the kit they offer provides the bare minimumn, I'm sure they could create whatever else you needed if you wanted to run something pretty trick. Enjoy
http://www.blackmountainprecision.com

dennis68
11-07-2004, 10:20 PM
Very cool stuff, Zoops has similiar kits available. The big problem with cog drive is stuff like P/S and A/C. There just isn't enough room for 2 or 3 1" wide cog belts.

Lowend
11-08-2004, 08:35 AM
That guy used to be down the street from me... great products and quick turnaround.
I highly reccomend them

Zefhix
11-08-2004, 12:46 PM
Very cool stuff, Zoops has similiar kits available. The big problem with cog drive is stuff like P/S and A/C. There just isn't enough room for 2 or 3 1" wide cog belts.

Actually, I emailed them. I was thinking about a hybrid system that treats the cog a little like a serpentine setup. Since my water pump and power steering pump are going to be electric, I need a pulley for the Sanden compressor, the alt. and the crank. I want to fabricate a tensioner pulley for the system and run a 1"cog. I think that would be super trick and would be extrodinarily functional... :)

TurboLark
11-09-2004, 05:06 PM
Actually, I emailed them. I was thinking about a hybrid system that treats the cog a little like a serpentine setup. Since my water pump and power steering pump are going to be electric, I need a pulley for the Sanden compressor, the alt. and the crank. I want to fabricate a tensioner pulley for the system and run a 1"cog. I think that would be super trick and would be extrodinarily functional... :)
Manual steering? Or are you looking at the setups with the v belt for the PS?

Zefhix
11-09-2004, 06:47 PM
http://www.classicperform.com/
Allen posted this on another forum topic....

....power steering but with an electric pump. I know he offers a setup with the v-belt but i emailed to ask if he could make a custom pulley for the Sanden compressor and then I'm going to take a tensioner pulley bracket and fit two idler pulleys back to back on that bracket to create the 1" coverage area I need for the back of the cog belt. If I place the tensioner pulley setup below a driver side mount alt., then I can have just one 1" belt run off the crank to the alt. and a/c compressor witha tensioner pulley to help alieveate the overall length the belt will have to be. I don't know if that makes sense but it works in my head!!! :)
I think it would be pretty cool and different